Light-O-Rama Forums

Can i make favorites /clips in sequences for future faster sequencing

Dr_Aplet

Last year i jumped into the world of LOR with a 16PC controller.  This year i am adding an 8 channel RGB controller and beginning to build out some halloween sequences.  It seems like there are parts of a set that i like better than other that i would use in other sequences.  for example I have a chasing color changing sequence that i built for my Halloween sequence.  does anyone have a way to build out fast easy to access sets that you can just grab and drop in places?  seems like i could build a sequences of nothing but little snipets that i can copy to another sequence but i didn't know if there was like a sequence clipboard or Macro space that one can just plop a clip of a sequence into?

I’m not sure about saving clips. You could always make a sequence called “favorites” and copy paste in segments

Also with different beats and rhythms I’m not sure how they would look.

I am a manual sequencer, headset and mouse I don’t even use keyboard shortcuts or any wizards.

Once you get hood at sequencing it becomes second nature.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps I'm missing something but have you looked at clipboards to see if they would meet your needs?

You can save content that you have copied to the clipboard under Clipboard Management and assign a name to the saved clipboard.  I have numerous effects that I can choose to assign to my props.  I just select the saved clipboard and then do a paste by cell, paste by time or stretch to fit to load the effect into my new sequence.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:25 AM, basis21b said:

Perhaps I'm missing something but have you looked at clipboards to see if they would meet your needs?

You can save content that you have copied to the clipboard under Clipboard Management and assign a name to the saved clipboard.  I have numerous effects that I can choose to assign to my props.  I just select the saved clipboard and then do a paste by cell, paste by time or stretch to fit to load the effect into my new sequence.

I have always ignored that pop out.  I move the mouse & it pops out, then pops in again. It annoys me. Anyhow I made a clipboard & I copied effects & pasted & yep it works. I might start using it for some effects. I may end up forgetting about that Clipboard. 14 years of sequencing & I learn something new.

Thankyou for the tip.