Light-O-Rama Forums

Recommend Star Kit for my LOR Pixel Tree

stan8412bridge

Thank you in advance for your help.

Purchased LOR Pixel Tree Kit last year... love it.  But, realized to complete it I need a star topper.

Can anyone recommend a star topper kit that works with LOR network?

Thank you again, in advance, for your ideas, suggestions.

6 minutes ago, stan8412bridge said:

Thank you in advance for your help.

Purchased LOR Pixel Tree Kit last year... love it.  But, realized to complete it I need a star topper.

Can anyone recommend a star topper kit that works with LOR network?

Thank you again, in advance, for your ideas, suggestions.

Any star can work its all in the setup.

I would recommend Brian's Superstarlights.com star or globe though.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Considering the size of the LOR Pixie Tree, I think the 15" Boscoyo star is a better match.

https://boscoyostudio.com/product/chromastar-15/

Here is my 15" star. The base star uses 40 pixels. I drilled 10 extra holes in the star, so it uses a 50 pixel string.

20191008_125328_resized.jpg.af55a0cd3409

When building the prop for the tree I connected 2 strings together, 100 pixels with 3 folds. This used 4 ports for the tree and 1 port for the star. It left me with 3 ports for something else. In my case, 3 arches.

Bob W

• Like 1

I also use the Boscoyo one and it's plenty for me.  I also added 10 holes to make a 10 star inner one which allows it do some basic patterns.  This is from 2019 when i also was doing the 25 high tree (I increased it to 50 last year but still use the same topper). 

I don't have a Pixel tree, my experience with pixels to this point is limited to arches and the sort. I was curious though, has anyone used or considered using a product like this one?

https://www.holidaylightsolution.com/products/aurora-moravia-st-30-inch-white-with-light?_pos=7&_sid=c95c0b88d&_ss=r

I bought one last year. I discarded the included lights and stuffed warm white LED lights into the cavity and I loved how it looked. I suspended it over the nativity and assigned a channel to it. It's more durable than I was expecting. I was just wondering if it's something that could be adapted to pixel trees. They come in different sizes and shapes. There is the basic star option like is mentioned above. 

I would think that would look very cool.  Should be able to come up with an arrangement of pixels that would work.

Everyone.. great feedback....

My challenge is I simply don't have the time to put this together and was looking for an assembled kit for my PIxel tree.

I will move forward with assembling myself.. this will be fun adventure...

Thanks again.

• The topic was locked