Light-O-Rama Forums

Laptop users. I’m thinking about buying this.

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

I wonder how comfortable that would be on your lap and how much strain the weight puts on the laptop lid hinge.

You can get a pretty good monitor for the price.

Looks interesting, but awkward if on your lap.  If using it on a desk, you can buy a much better monitor for that price.

I bought a 17” screen Lenovo laptop. The side would be awesome for just keeping my Preview window in all the time

All true. and Idk I saw it on my work perks website. Said I could get 50$ off Of one. I asked opinions! And I don’t want to mess up my laptop. 

Thanks!

Multiple monitors are GREAT.  I can hardly imagine doing real sequencing with only one (even a large one).  Although I have LOR on my laptop, I seldom do anything on it except demonstrate to someone or check something out real quick.  Virtually never sequence on it.  It's great for sitting in the front yard running the hardware utility tweeking colors of RGB lights to see EXACTLY what color they make.  Since almost every batch of RGB lights are at least slightly different in colors, it is nice when you need to match some existing RGB.

In my early days I sequenced on a laptop, back when 48 channels was a good amount. They actually all fit on the screen at the same time. That was also pre Visualizer.

Couldn't do it now, three monitors and still I keep looking at these 50 inch curved jobs and drooling a little.

Four 24 inch monitors on my main sequencing computer.  Normally only use two for sequencing, but three at times...

Maybe in our next house! I’ll have room for it! The 50s and curved…. Woah. lol 

this year I managed a new laptop and the same headphones that James uses. THE BEST THING EVER. A good set of headphones made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! 
then work started making me put in 60-84 hours a week….. they are hurting for people…. Haha and guess what. Had a job interview today with so far my pick out of all the other places I have interviewed. That’s gonna be another one they are gonna be missing. 

I haven’t had a thanksgiving off since 2012…. 

this company is closed every holiday. Also, I left my house today for the interview. 2 minutes I was at the guard shack. AND had to stop at a stoplight. Lol 
I think that’s gonna postpone our house looking for 6 months. The wife said she’s fine with it since I’ll be home more. And hopefully I’ll have some computer time soon. 

sorry this ventured off. But I’ve got a lot on my Mind today. 

• The topic was locked