Jump to content

Brand new/need help


scramos72
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, scramos72 said:

Hello, Im stuck out of the gate. My computer cant find the controller already. It says it cant find the port! I have followed several instructions but still not connecting. Thank you for any help!

What software S4 or S5?

IM assuming you are trying to use the Hardware Utility.

Have yiu configured the RS485 adapter yet?

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

follow the link and download the RS485 software 

Follow the instructions

JR
 

https://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/amp/

Thank you! It found it that time. I appreciate that. Just curious I plugged in some lights to my controller and hit test and nothing happened and I’m using a sequence I purchased. I went in and tried playing it in the music plays but the lights don’t do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, scramos72 said:

Thank you! It found it that time. I appreciate that. Just curious I plugged in some lights to my controller and hit test and nothing happened and I’m using a sequence I purchased. I went in and tried playing it in the music plays but the lights don’t do anything.

Which software ? S4 or S5

New , I am assuming S5 but can’t assume in this hobby.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Which software ? S4 or S5

New , I am assuming S5 but can’t assume in this hobby.

JR

I got it to work. I had it plugged into my mini director while it was plugged into the computer. As soon as I unplugged it from that the lights came on. Is there a way to test the lights and here the music ? I sure got myself into something this year. My wife bought me  a 16 channel starter set up and singing tree. Then I found a guy that was selling four 16 channel controllers and all his lights. I went and got all of it from him. This should be interesting!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

follow the link and download the RS485 software 

Follow the instructions

JR
 

https://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/amp

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You need to start by updating the software to 5.6.64 - the latest

The test is a class (s) all in itself.

 

I updated last night. I tried running a test on my lunch break but now it doesn’t work!! I will try again when I get off work this eveningI will try again when I get off work this evening

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You need to start by updating the software to 5.6.64 - the latest

The test is a class (s) all in itself.

 

OK so I did the software update and now when I try to go through the steps to test it, one stringer comes on and nothing else happens. Last night I could test the lights and now that I’ve done the software update nothing works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scramos72 said:

OK so I did the software update and now when I try to go through the steps to test it, one stringer comes on and nothing else happens. Last night I could test the lights and now that I’ve done the software update nothing works.

Which controller?

What Software Version, you didnt update your profile?

How are you trying to test?

Which test worked previously that does not work now?

Please answer all of the questions. A lot of people dont answer all or explain. 

In this hobby there is no such thing as to much info. To get answers we need info

Thank you

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...