Light-O-Rama Forums

Speed sequencing

Grady29

Hello all,

I am still new to sequencing and so I am very sloooowwww in the process.  Is there a way to have the software (S5 Pro) create a sequence based on the musical song I pick?  I'm sure it won't be perfect, but it would be a start and then I could always go in and modify sections to my liking.  I did one song manually and it took me hours to do.  

Thanks-

Yes, no, and you wouldn't like it anyway.

Yes - you could use the Superstar Instant Sequence to create something. It has it's place, and it does what it does well. It's not designed, however, to create sequences in the manner you are probably wanting.

So .. not really a way to have S5 do that. (or S4, or S3, etc.)

So I guess I need to keep practicing and just get better and faster...lol

Any tips/tricks that might help make it a little easier?

Take a look at this video. 

It is possible to make some pretty good effects, but don't get too carried away with whole house effects. It gets boring after a while.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

but don't get too carried away with whole house effects. It gets boring after a while.

That's for sure.

• 2 months later...

I guess I am missing something here. When I follow the steps in the video all of my props do the exact same thing for the entire song. Every prop comes on when the song starts and stays on the entire song.

Well, the idea is to put different effects through the sequence or at least change the effect or color. it's not magic.

For example, 10 seconds of Scanner, then 10 seconds of something else etc.

Thats not what he did in the video for speed sequencing. Thats the same method as just making a normal sequence. He made a group of every prop and then applied the scanner ME to the group, changed the speed to use audio and he was done. In reality, I don't want to do every prop for my show. I would like to group some of them together and get them to sequence that fast. It just doesn't work like the Speed Sequencing video from LOR above. I have read in other posts that you have to enable audio in the sequencer for it to work but I can't find anything that says "enable audio".

Yep. I've done that. Someone else said there is a place on the sequencer screen to "enable Audio". Not sure what they are talking about. ??? There response just said yep, that fixed it.

When I am in the ME window and I click on scanner everything in the preview turns on and stays on. It doesn't bounce around like his in the video. His is bouncing around before he even sets it to audio. I'm thinking something is wrong in my group????

So I went and found the other thread that references enabling audio in the sequence menu. I have added screen shots...

I know this is talking about a different issue, but it is still referring to a menu choice I do not see.

1921116744_Forumscreenshot.PNG.8516aa351d8bed9f40dea7f475463944.PNG

383109479_Forumscreenshot2.thumb.PNG.d4059cb7582fb715e7119e515c7b4599.PNG

image.thumb.png.55449a5884ffdfceba4ec374fdc3d08b.png

Forum screen shot.PNG

I don't think it affects audio effects in ME, but see that audio effects are NOT  set to waveform only in Sequence Info in main menu.