Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you get at the summer sale?

LightsWithSoul

I picked up 2 of the Pixie16 packages with 16 strings of 50 bullet pixels, a few pixel extensions and a gift card for later use. Every year when I'm outside watching the show I'm thinking to myself "This looks pretty much done.. doesn't need much more.." but inevitably I find ways to add more props and buy more stuff... 

• Haha 1

Nothing.  Did not need anything this year.

Got enough stuff that I already have that I have not had time (or ambition) to build.

3 more 10W floods an 20'extensions (they were out last year)

I bought another Pixie4 last month, not wanting to risk them running out.

8 more 10W floods and 20' extensions, plus 1 Plug-n-show 16x25 pixel tree (100% relates to what @LightsWithSoul said above). 🙂 

Is this a hobby or a sickness?

Edited by hasslerk
additional comment

Nothing, I haven't been adding to the show this year. Instead, I have been doing things to make the show setup faster and easier to add on. I have added six 20 amp circuits to a sub-panel in my basement so that adds three 20 amp outlets to both ends of the house. I also installed four 15 amp outlets to the roof so I no longer have to string extension cords off the roof.

6 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Nothing, I haven't been adding to the show this year. Instead, I have been doing things to make the show setup faster and easier to add on.

Yeah I have been working on this a lot too. Not so much on the electrical side but more on working out better and easier mounting solutions for my props. Over the years the setup had become rather convoluted and needed to re-thought. Unfortunately the local home improvement stores don't have a summer sale for their mounting hardware hahaha.

I got three CCR II ribbons as back ups for my CCR tree just in case. 😁 And needed a new mounting box for my CMB24 that controls my CC Floods so got that along with the mounting plate. That's really all I needed right now. So I'm glad LOR had the sale and I was able to get those things.

Nothing. I started in 2007 & planned to stop back in 2017. So I sold 20 16 Channel AC Controllers but kept four 16 channel AC controllers & four 8 channel controllers.  Plus I kept 24 CCP controllers/pixels, plus 3-pixie 4 controllers, & one pixie 16 controller. So I have enough. On a sad side not to many folks where I live care anymore.

Anyhow I set up my now smaller display in 2020.  Then 1.5 weeks into December someone said there is a decorating contest. I didn't believe it. We came home 1 day & we had this sign on our yard 2020 winner. (Best lights). Drove around town & noticed more decorated homes than I seen in years. Plus viewers started to come back out front again. Covid19 had folks down but the lights around town brightened up peoples Christmas.

So I will do one more musical year. 

• Like 1

2 more a/c controllers and 2 more red adapters. So I started last week putting controllers together from the early sale. 4 down and 4 to go.

Wayne

• The topic was locked