Jump to content

Labor day


ebrown1972
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Labor day is the start of putting up Christmas Displays for L O R people!

Don't rush me.  I have another six weeks before the lights on the eves get put up for Halloween, and November 1st the stuff in the yard starts...

Happy Labor Day.  Not a work day for me, but I am on call - and wouldn't you know it, as I was typing this line, the work phone rang.  Good or bad news (not sure which), it was a spam call...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Don't rush me.  I have another six weeks before the lights on the eves get put up for Halloween, and November 1st the stuff in the yard starts...

Happy Labor Day.  Not a work day for me, but I am on call - and wouldn't you know it, as I was typing this line, the work phone rang.  Good or bad news (not sure which), it was a spam call...

 

That would depend on if you had a prince overseas pass and left you a few hundred million or if they were calling you to inform your that you car warranty has expired.

win-win

LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will live this years holidays vicariously through all of my friends.

If I do anything it would only be singing faces and not one other light.

Happy lighting

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That would depend on if you had a prince overseas pass and left you a few hundred million or if they were calling you to inform your that you car warranty has expired.

The car warranty part is a lot closer...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

J R no lights this year ? I took last year off.

Dennis,

How did you feel taking a year off? Are you glad you did it? I have considered doing so before but just haven't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been to 2 Walmart where they are putting out Halloween lights (very hodge-podge) as they arrive. What little was out, had already been picked thru.

(I have to keep going back as the stuff is not arriving on the shelf all at 1 time) Heads up! I think supplies are going to be short this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Eric i took last year off because of Covid did not want the large crowds . Well now that i took last year off  fist time in 14 years, I'm 72 years old don't know if I will put up a show this year maybe done ? I'll see how the weather is this year it was always hard to stop but now that i missed a year it seem ok to stop we'll see Dennis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Hi Eric i took last year off because of Covid did not want the large crowds . Well now that i took last year off  fist time in 14 years, I'm 72 years old don't know if I will put up a show this year maybe done ? I'll see how the weather is this year it was always hard to stop but now that i missed a year it seem ok to stop we'll see Dennis.

:(

You have to do what’s best for you but it’s a difficult decision.

I have been down with a medical issue(s)since Jan . Just had a procedure almost 2 weeks ago and can finally put my back against a chair for more than 15 mins without serious pain.

I am so far behind that I will help everyone I can as usual and live vicariously through y’all’s light shows.

I may throw up my faces and nothing more. They would be my only option since they are light and easy to set up.

Community said they would help me but as most of you probably feel The same, way to much money invested as well as OCD it’s easier to just say no.

Dennis- glad to see you are well. Thank you again.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...