Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree. Getting started?

Biff

Hi everyone… I bought a pixel tree kit at the grab bag sale and now I want to incorporate it within my show that I made last year. I tried to get started last night but not sure what to do. I tried looking up LOR tutorial videos but not sure what I’m looking for because I didn’t see anything specific on pixel. Any help getting this thing started would be greatly appreciated… Thanks

56 minutes ago, Biff said:

Hi everyone… I bought a pixel tree kit at the grab bag sale and now I want to incorporate it within my show that I made last year. I tried to get started last night but not sure what to do. I tried looking up LOR tutorial videos but not sure what I’m looking for because I didn’t see anything specific on pixel. Any help getting this thing started would be greatly appreciated… Thanks

First I would start by updating your software version to the latest.

Secondly, which tree kit did you purchase? Pixie16 x50, Pixie8 x , pixcon16 x 50.

If you have the pixie series tree I will gladly send you a prop file for it. Just add that to your preview.

All I need to know is your starting unit ID.

You can PM me that info and your email and I will get it out to you this morning.

JR

1 hour ago, Biff said:

It’s the 16 x 25 pixel tree kit from LOR. I’ll check the rest when I get home from work. 

Open your preview, click the + add, add new prop, prop def use the "download an LOR prop online", it will take you to the LOR props, select your tree and download. All you have to do is set the Unit ID's and Network.

JR

18 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Open your preview, click the + add, add new prop, prop def use the "download an LOR prop online", it will take you to the LOR props, select your tree and download. All you have to do is set the Unit ID's and Network.

JR

Thanks! Of course I git busy last night with other stuff but I’ll give it another try this weekend. Thanks for 5he help

2 hours ago, Biff said:

Thanks! Of course I git busy last night with other stuff but I’ll give it another try this weekend. Thanks for 5he help

Let me know if you need more help, shoot me a PM. Can talk you through it on the phone.

YVW

JR

On 9/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, dibblejr said:

Let me know if you need more help, shoot me a PM. Can talk you through it on the phone.

YVW

JR

Thank you and I will. Thanks again

1 hour ago, Biff said:

Thank you and I will. Thanks again

I do have a question about my software. Currently I have the Basic Plus. What do I need to run designs on the pixel tree? Is the Super star upgrade? Also seen something called motion packs. Bill

12 minutes ago, Biff said:

I do have a question about my software. Currently I have the Basic Plus. What do I need to run designs on the pixel tree? Is the Super star upgrade? Also seen something called motion packs. Bill

If you got the Pixie controller with the kit you will need Pro level and a red adapter.

Although You do not need a SS upgrade with S5 but some of us use SS as well as S5 in combination. 

MPs allow you you run the LOR singing quartet and or  attach them to your LOR purchased sequences.

SS has been valuable and yiu only need as many CCRs as your largest prop unless your want to use SS to sequence your entire show.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

48 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If you got the Pixie controller with the kit you will need Pro level and a red adapter.

Although You do not need a SS upgrade with S5 but some of us use SS as well as S5 in combination. 

MPs allow you you run the LOR singing quartet and or  attach them to your LOR purchased sequences.

SS has been valuable and yiu only need as many CCRs as your largest prop unless your want to use SS to sequence your entire show.

JR

Ok. Thanks for the information. I will get the upgrade and start putting some of this together. It’s crazy how fast Christmas comes now that I started this light show stuff. Thanks again 

13 minutes ago, Biff said:

Ok. Thanks for the information. I will get the upgrade and start putting some of this together. It’s crazy how fast Christmas comes now that I started this light show stuff. Thanks again 

13 minutes ago, Biff said:

I see the basic plus to pro up grade but not a red adapter. Could it be called something else? Also what is it for?

2 hours ago, Biff said:

I see the basic plus to pro up grade but not a red adapter. Could it be called something else? Also what is it for?

http://store.lightorama.com/usbrs485hs.html

The standard (black) USB adapter is only rated for speeds up to 115K.  The high speed (red) adapters can be used on any LOR network.

I the upgrade to pro. Didn’t get the super star sequencer. It pulls up the different effects in the motion controller but I can’t seem to click, drag or anything else to get them to go on to the pixel tree prop that I placed in my preview. Spent about 3 hours trying to insert the motions into the boxes with no avail. Tried to find videos but no luck. Also get a circle with a line drawn through it when clicking on boxes to try to insert a motion…, Any ideas? Nothing should be this hard🤣

1 hour ago, Biff said:

I the upgrade to pro. Didn’t get the super star sequencer. It pulls up the different effects in the motion controller but I can’t seem to click, drag or anything else to get them to go on to the pixel tree prop that I placed in my preview. Spent about 3 hours trying to insert the motions into the boxes with no avail. Tried to find videos but no luck. Also get a circle with a line drawn through it when clicking on boxes to try to insert a motion…, Any ideas? Nothing should be this hard🤣

You need a Pro Level license to use ME

JR

2 hours ago, Biff said:

I the upgrade to pro.

Please update your forum profile to match your software license level.