Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16 Gen 3 Controller Dead Channel / Reset Issue

snilax

A couple years ago a snake crawled inside the controller and got fried and blew the fuse. I cleaned it out and put in a new fuse and channel 9 didn't work. I figured the triac needed replaced and just now got around to it this year. I went ahead and replaced it and still didn't work. I tried resetting the board per https://www1.lightorama.com/controller-reset/ and still doesn't work. I noticed when I reset the board it keeps the same controller ID number but per the manual it says it will be reset to 1. I thought this was odd so I went ahead and tried flashing the firmware to the latest 1.11 and tried to reset again and still same issue. I went ahead and replaced the triac again thinking the first one may be bad and still doesn't work. I saw in another post that the opto coupler may be an issue but that looks like it may be pain to replace and not sure where to get the part. Any other ideas or is channel 9 dead for good?

3 hours ago, snilax said:

A couple years ago a snake crawled inside the controller and got fried and blew the fuse. I cleaned it out and put in a new fuse and channel 9 didn't work. I figured the triac needed replaced and just now got around to it this year. I went ahead and replaced it and still didn't work. I tried resetting the board per https://www1.lightorama.com/controller-reset/ and still doesn't work. I noticed when I reset the board it keeps the same controller ID number but per the manual it says it will be reset to 1. I thought this was odd so I went ahead and tried flashing the firmware to the latest 1.11 and tried to reset again and still same issue. I went ahead and replaced the triac again thinking the first one may be bad and still doesn't work. I saw in another post that the opto coupler may be an issue but that looks like it may be pain to replace and not sure where to get the part. Any other ideas or is channel 9 dead for good?

LOR charges a flat rate fee for repairs.

This is probably a gooD time to ship it but I can’t guarantee that.

May want to either call or open a HD ticket to send it in for repair.

JR

Depending on your soldering skills, an opto coupler is only slightly harder to replace than a triac.  Open a ticket with the help desk and they will usually send you a couple for free.