Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Summer Sale

Happy Holley-days

Good Morning All,

I want to purchase 2 possibly 3 Pixie16 Units.  Should I purchase now or is the LOR Summer Sale worth the wait?

Roll the dice. Do you wait and see if supply chain settles?

(Ha! It will take years for the back log, IF EVER. The shut down was a great plan to get protections in place, but not for over 1 year 😲 of a pandemic)

I grabbed a Pixie 4, but could not get 3 more 10W floods, last month rather than take my chances. LOR shipped the same day (fantastic).

First, if you are going to run Pixies, you would need to update your software. (Or please update you profile, one of the two.)

Second here's what I always tell people. Do you want the item with a normal shipping time and pay regular price, or an unknown shipping time and save some money. If you are okay with the unknown, wait for the sale.

They are in stock, now. If you wait they may go. If you wait you could be lucky enough and LOR have a sale. Its a crap shoot.

The other problem with waiting is getting everything before the holiday and rushing through setting them up.

If you know you will get a pixie16 you can set everything up in the sequencer so that it will almost be plug and play.

Do not forget, you will need a PRO License and a RED RH485HS adapter to run the pixie16's. If you plan on using those pixies to the max , you will need a red adapter for each. You will also need to add aux networks, so plan on a powered USB hub. (not a network switch and the USB Hub needs to be a powered one)

Have questions feel free to ask.

BTW- the older versions of LOR SE will not run a pixie16. At least 4.4.0 Pro but I would recommend 5.6.0 Pro

JR

Edited by dibblejr

30 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

They are in stock, now. If you wait they may go. If you wait you could be lucky enough and LOR have a sale. Its a crap shoot.

The other problem with waiting is getting everything before the holiday and rushing through setting them up.

If you know you will get a pixie16 you can set everything up in the sequencer so that it will almost be plug and play.

Do not forget, you will need a PRO License and a RED RH485HS adapter to run the pixie16's. If you plan on using those pixies to the max , you will need a red adapter for each. You will also need to add aux networks, so plan on a powered USB hub. (not a network switch and the USB Hub needs to be a powered one)

Have questions feel free to ask.

BTW- the older versions of LOR SE will not run a pixie16. At least 4.4.0 Pro but I would recommend 5.6.0 Pro

JR

A PixieLink will also do it.   Its like 6 of the Red adapter.    This option means you set up your channels with DMX universes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

A PixieLink will also do it.   Its like 6 of the Red adapter.    This option means you set up your channels with DMX universes.

True, I was trying to keep it easy. LOL

Great suggestion and the cost of a pixielink is about 3/4 red adapters.

JR

Edited by dibblejr