Light-O-Rama Forums

Enable RGB channel levels

Donl1150
Go to solution Solved by MattBrown,

I have created a singing face preview with RGB pixels.  It has 8 component strings of pixels and thus 8 motion effect rows.  I have named the 8 component parts using ‘custom’ in the Subsection dropdown.

When I use the preview to create a new musical sequence, I am having trouble enabling the RGB channel levels for each of the 8 component strings.  I must be missing a step somewhere along the line or not doing something correctly.

Any thoughts?

• Solution

The channel level isn't enabled by motion effect row, it is enabled for the entire prop -- your RGB channels will not be grouped by motion row. Just right-click on the prop name and select "Enable Channel Level on Pixel Prop". More about the right-click menu at the bottom of this help page:

https://www1.lightorama.com/help/item_list.htm

Thanks Matt.  I found that but not quite sure I have things right yet.  My singing face prop has 8 component parts created via the 'custom' drop down menu pick in the Subsection area.  When I right click on prop name, the Enable ..... does show up..  When I enable it, I was expecting to see the RGB channels organized beneath each of the 8 component parts.  Instead, they all show up beneath the last one but it is impossible to determine which ones belong with which component part.  Am I doing something wrong when I create the 8 parts in the subsection area that makes it appear this way?

9 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

Thanks Matt.  I found that but not quite sure I have things right yet.  My singing face prop has 8 component parts created via the 'custom' drop down menu pick in the Subsection area.  When I right click on prop name, the Enable ..... does show up..  When I enable it, I was expecting to see the RGB channels organized beneath each of the 8 component parts.  Instead, they all show up beneath the last one but it is impossible to determine which ones belong with which component part.  Am I doing something wrong when I create the 8 parts in the subsection area that makes it appear this way?

This is why I said a while back it is important to know your node placement

yhe best thing to do is click on and name was h node. By what it is and a number

Ince done right click and sort by. Name

Not knowing what or how you placed them I don’t know if you can sort them right now.

You can try by right clicking and use sort by one of those items, row, channel Ect.

But it may not be be correct

This is why ME rows are best for the mouth movements and eyes

Using ME rows you need one row per fixture

Using RGB channels you need an RGB row per node and when you copy paste you have to paste as many times as you have per fixture.

If you have 50 nodes on your outline you would have to paste 50 times etc. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Case in point

When I designed my monster trees 475 nodes each after placing the nodes in the custom prop I has to add them to my grid view.

Once added I had to add color to each row to determine the name of them one by one

Since I assigned a different color to each fixture I was able to “sort by color”

Once I was all done I was able to name them as to what they were , branch 1, branch 2, branch 3, branch 4, branch5, trunk, Eyes open, eyes closed, top lip, vowel mouth, o mouth, mid lip and bottom lip

Once I understood ME rows better I then was able to assign the ME rows and avoid the sequencing manually unless I wanted to do a chase or something with the branches.

If you learn to

sequence the faces you just sequence the ME rows.

If you get a purchased or shared sequence you copy from the donor sequence to your ME rows. 

very simple

JR

Edited by dibblejr