Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion effects - not understanding them - in Boscoyo singing bulb faces

Donl1150

I am new to the pixel world and finally getting all of my sequences from last year converted to S5.  I believe I have a rudimentary handle on sequencing in S5 and have successfully added two singing pixel faces to my last years' 64 channel AC display - in every sequence.  I have gotten the singing faces to look pretty good with their 8 face movement possibilities but am confused about the rows of motion effects in my sequences.

I have watched the Luminous Harmony training videos, including the ME ones.  I can't seem to grasp how those rows interact with the individual rows for each of the 8 ports on the face.  I really also don't know how the ME rows got in my sequence in the first place.  Most likely I added them as I was trying to convert and then sequence the faces.

Are there other videos out there or is this mostly trial and error learning?  Correct me if I am wrong, but I have a feeling ME rows are not even a useful tool for a singing face.  I know however they would be useful for a mega tree - which I am now going to try to add for this year as well.

Thx

Don

ME Rows are what to use for singing faces especially the mouth movements. (RGB Props)

I have explained this to you multiple times.

I have even built your props for you.

Get the Boscoyo Part of it out of yoir mind.

Relax and then forget about the poly lines in the back. They are for DMX controllers and are geared toward another software.

You cannot use my props or I would have sent them to you. Mine are HolidayCoro

You take your pic and in the prop def import in in the custom layout. 

Place the nodes in the places where I color coded your picture yoi sent me a couple days ago.

Then save that and add your ME rows.

You will then see your pic and be able to build your ME mouth movements. 

I sent you this video a while back.

If you take the sequence/ channel Config that I built for you while you were in S4 it has the BS bulbs I built for you within the animator.

You can import that animation in to S5 and your preview will be done with ports 1-8 or whatever you need them to be.

In S5 you can click on help and type in import animation and that tutorial works very well. I have assisted many others with this, after I learned it worked.

JR