Light-O-Rama Forums

Cutting RGB ribbons

alodine

So - I have the standard pixie 2 controller with CCRII RGB ribbons. I want to cut off 11 sets of lights. I see where to cut the ribbons so no problem there.

Question is, should I configure the controller differently to show 50 - 11 = 39 channels or just leave it at 50 and work around it in Superstar?

28 minutes ago, alodine said:

So - I have the standard pixie 2 controller with CCRII RGB ribbons. I want to cut off 11 sets of lights. I see where to cut the ribbons so no problem there.

Question is, should I configure the controller differently to show 50 - 11 = 39 channels or just leave it at 50 and work around it in Superstar?

I can't say about SuperStar, but in the regular LOR Sequence Editor I have always cut back the channels to the actual number of bulbs or nodes that particular strand of bulbs, nodes or CCR would have.

I have several that were cut down to as low as 32, and others that are 36, 38, 45 and 48 bulbs or nodes.   And I've always set my channel count to reflect that count, that way I don't code bulbs or nodes that are no longer actually there.   Just helps me keep things a bit more organized and the channel count tidy when sequencing.   But it doesn't hurt if you left them at 50, just remember to stop at the last bulb in the count, and you should be fine.

Edited by Orville
type, just had an o for what should have been, and is now, "of".