Light-O-Rama Forums

Bethlehem Star How to sequence it to explode and Implode in S5.

Jack

I am using S5 Pro and want my Star to Explode and Implode along with a couple of other options. In my Design Preview I started with a motion effect row, with this I can make my star turd on/off , top to bottom or vice verse using the Curtain effect.

I then made 2 custom lines one for the first 25 pixels on the left and the other for 26-50 on the right, this allows the same function as the single row above. I now want to take the center point of each half being #15 pixel and # 36, this is where I get stuck when using the custom option how do I get this done.????

I am thinking that I'll end up with several custom rows. After this I want to go from all the Inner points outward 8 of them and from the outer points inward 8 locations as well, each leg will have a different amount of pixels.

CAN this be done in the standard S5 suite WITHOUT going to SuperStar?   OR   Is SS the only way to do this?

It was great to meet some of you at the EXPO, I picked up several pointers and even used 1 or 2 of them so far.

Thanks in advance to any good advice on how to make this happen,

Jack

2 hours ago, Jack said:

I am using S5 Pro and want my Star to Explode and Implode along with a couple of other options. In my Design Preview I started with a motion effect row, with this I can make my star turd on/off , top to bottom or vice verse using the Curtain effect.

I then made 2 custom lines one for the first 25 pixels on the left and the other for 26-50 on the right, this allows the same function as the single row above. I now want to take the center point of each half being #15 pixel and # 36, this is where I get stuck when using the custom option how do I get this done.????

I am thinking that I'll end up with several custom rows. After this I want to go from all the Inner points outward 8 of them and from the outer points inward 8 locations as well, each leg will have a different amount of pixels.

CAN this be done in the standard S5 suite WITHOUT going to SuperStar?   OR   Is SS the only way to do this?

It was great to meet some of you at the EXPO, I picked up several pointers and even used 1 or 2 of them so far.

Thanks in advance to any good advice on how to make this happen,

Jack

update, I added 2 custom lines to the prop on the Preview Editor  page, lines 3 & 4 and labeled them Top Half 15-36 pixels  and Bottom half 1-14 AND 37-50  then Saved and Saved again BUT this update does not show on my sequence page???

I think I'm close but...

Just now, Jack said:

update, I added 2 custom lines to the prop on the Preview Editor  page, lines 3 & 4 and labeled them Top Half 15-36 pixels  and Bottom half 1-14 AND 37-50  then Saved and Saved again BUT this update does not show on my sequence page???

I think I'm close but...

If you create ME rows in the Preview Editor, they only show up in NEW sequences. You have to copy or merge them down. 

https://youtu.be/AxRSWAq3Zd0

1 hour ago, Aubrey said:

Try the Ripple effect on a full prop ME row and see if that's what you're looking for

It's close however, The Curtain, center open, once to fit Duration is the closest so far. looks good for the 1/2 right and 1/2 left open or close (or top to bottom). Still have lots of work to do on the outer most point to the other outer most. This would give me the top half and the bottom half.

So far the Full prop ME is working better that my custom line rows.

To get good exploding and Imploding effects do I have to go to SS or can I get it in S5?

Thanks for the help,

Jack

13 hours ago, Jack said:

It's close however, The Curtain, center open, once to fit Duration is the closest so far. looks good for the 1/2 right and 1/2 left open or close (or top to bottom). Still have lots of work to do on the outer most point to the other outer most. This would give me the top half and the bottom half.

So far the Full prop ME is working better that my custom line rows.

To get good exploding and Imploding effects do I have to go to SS or can I get it in S5?

Thanks for the help,

Jack

You can create motion effects in regular S5. Another option is to make a motion effect row per ring, and then just do a normal chase with a colorwash effect.

Aubrey, You have my attention, I can see your concept, now to put it on paper, well into the sequence then.

Ask Matt if he could enlarge the table area on the right where the single string appears, (in my case) those little boxes are pretty small, this is after you choose the custom drop down function, or maybe there is and I don't know it.

Thanks Again,

Jack

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Aubrey, You have my attention, I can see your concept, now to put it on paper, well into the sequence then.

Ask Matt if he could enlarge the table area on the right where the single string appears, (in my case) those little boxes are pretty small, this is after you choose the custom drop down function, or maybe there is and I don't know it.

Thanks Again,

Jack

Can you explain just a bit more about what box you're referring to? Do you mean when you're creating custom motion effect rows? You can enlarge that entire window to full screen if you drag the corners - the pixel "boxes" shouldn't be unusably small unless you have a REALLY complex props with thousands of pixels in a non standard pattern.

Yes I was and am glad you said something. I didn't even think about dragging the corner. I hope this helps others as well.

• Like 1