Light-O-Rama Forums

1/2 SPHERE PROP Not showing effects properly

RouthHurwitz

I have created a prop using the SPHERE option.  It is 1/2 a sphere using 25 strands of 100 pixels folded once providing a nice 50x50 pixel surface.  I start from the bottom left and go CCW. The Sphere face will face the road and nothing will be on the backside.  The issue is when I run previews of effects or text the sphere seems to have the effect start on the left side for about 1/8 of the sphere face then rotate CW and come around the other side.  When it reaches the part 1/8 into the face it quits and starts up again fresh from that point continuing CW for that small 1/8 before switching to the other side to continue.  It is as if I made the prop and then took 10 strips from the right side and moved them to the left side physically without telling the software.  Has anyone worked with the SPHERE prop or experienced this issue when they did use the SPHERE PROP?  I have recreated it multiple times, picked different start points, used different portions to have it do the same every time. 

Thoughts?

THX

As a test that worked in preview (as i tested your definition with same results) I created a > 50 string - 100 Pixel - 1 fold - 4 Quarter (360*) < Sphere

just do not add the back 25 strings - as it appears the image gets messed up when change - # of Quarters

Else I would think it is something that Matt would have to look into...

Edited by Jimehc

• 2 weeks later...