Light-O-Rama Forums

PIXCON 16 HELP

HARDING DISPLAY

BOUGHT A SETUP WITH PIXCON 16 CONTROLLER  AND THE LIGHTS ARE TO BRIGHT. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I COULD LOWER THE OUTPUT VOLTAGE TO MAKE THE LIGHTS DIMMER. IS THAT TRUE AND HOW CAN I DO IT . THANKS FOR THE HELP

29 minutes ago, HARDING DISPLAY said:

BOUGHT A SETUP WITH PIXCON 16 CONTROLLER  AND THE LIGHTS ARE TO BRIGHT. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I COULD LOWER THE OUTPUT VOLTAGE TO MAKE THE LIGHTS DIMMER. IS THAT TRUE AND HOW CAN I DO IT . THANKS FOR THE HELP

NO. The board (and lights)  is designed to run from a set voltage. Dimming is done by PWM (amount of time the light is on) control.

A Pixcon user will have to step up. ( I use Pixies. I can use the HU to set the overall Max intensity) or you can modify the sequence by dimming the over bright nodes..

You can dim it in settings on the PixCon - FAR easier than modifying all your sequences.

there are 3 options - 1) Controller Settings - 2) Prop Definition Setting - 3) Sequence Intensity Setting

I would choose option 2

Double click the Prop in your Preview to open Prop Definition > "Dimming Curve" Drop down box (Top Left) >  "PixelCurve --%" for RGB pixels (most folks use 30%) or for AC lights LinearCurve % ... After making preview adjustments - just reopen existing sequences - and recreate your show card.

Image238.jpg

Edited by Jimehc