Light-O-Rama Forums

Visit from santa for kids

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

Do any of you have santa come visit to see kids on a certain date of your show? For pictures, or just a visit during your show? What have any of you experienced with doing this? If you have.

I have Santa and the Grinch on Christmas Eve only. I get the biggest crowd on Christmas Eve so I have Santa and the Grinch walking the crowds and handing out candy canes and having pics taken. The kids love Santa and the adults love the Grinch.  😁

• Like 1

I walk the crowd and greet the kids the whole week before Christmas, but never on Christmas Eve ( Santa is very busy on that night). In that one week I normally give out over  125 boxes of candy canes ( all donated for the cause ).

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

I walk the crowd and greet the kids the whole week before Christmas, but never on Christmas Eve ( Santa is very busy on that night). In that one week I normally give out over  125 boxes of candy canes ( all donated for the cause ).

Thanks! We were going to hand out candy canes last year. But I ended up only having 4 days off the whole month of December because the plant I work at was so short from covid…..

I might just dress as Santa and let my wife be the grinch! It will fit her The best!

🤣

I had Santa come on a friends personal fire truck this past year, but he came a few days before Christmas.  I decorated the fire truck with lights and they actually went around to some neighborhoods not serviced by the local fire department's Santa express.

Given that we are a light show, I gave out 100 LED party foam light sticks to all the kids on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for 2019 and again in 2020 (socially distanced).  It is really cool to look out and not only see our lights, but all those flashing lights in people's cars.  I bought them off of Amazon, they are about 18" in length, and have 3 different lighting modes.

We have had Santa every weekend during the season. He has been a huge part of the display. 

I have my elf helper as well. She and I have wireless ear buds and she talks to the children and the shock on their faces when I walk up and know their names and whisper what they want for Christmas. 

Priceless!

Last year while the fire truck Santa started up our street my friend let me know as always.

I told some children that it was time for Santa to go and that my reindeer were in the back yard eating.

A small herd of real deer ran across the street about 100’ in front of us. Perfect timing 

JR

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked