Light-O-Rama Forums

Blinking LED on LOR when daisy chained

mking0310

Hello,  I have 2 LOR's plugged into the DMX output of a Advatek PixLite 4 MKII via cat 5.  When I plug the cat 5 into LOR #1 (with no other cat 5 plugged in ) the Status LED is solid.  As soon as I plug in a CAT5 to LOR #1, with nothing connected on the other end of the Cat 5, the Status LED starts blinking. When I plug the cat5 into LOR #2, it continues to blink. 

I'm using a Cross over cable to connect the DMX output to LOR #1 and LOR #1 works as long as no other cat 5 is plugged in.  I've tested with several different cords and I've tried making LOR #2 the first one plugged in but that doesn't change anything. 

Thank you dearly! 

Michael

I was using a cross over cable and I had the DMX side plugged into the controller, and the LOR side plugged into the LOR controller. But when I reversed it,  it worked. 

Off hand, most likely the cable you are plugging into LOR #1 to go downstream to other controllers is either wired wrong, or shorted.  That or the pins are crossed over in the connector of LOR controller #1.  First step is to very carefully visually examine the pins in BOTH connectors of both LOR controllers.  Next step is to test your cables with a cable tester (if you have one)

Edited by k6ccc

Thank you very very much.  I changed the direction of the cat 5 cross over cable and now it works.