Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel question for singing faces

Donl1150

I am fairly new to pixels but starting to get the hang of it.  I have built 2 singing bulb faces but they are from different vendors.  They are very similar in design but one uses 200 pixels while the other has only 150.  I have wired each to have 8 identical face movements but only the pupil of each have a common number of pixels - 4 for each eye.  I have the 200 pixel face working just fine.  It has the pixel strings with the exact number of segments and pixels for each component.

My question is this:  I have just finished physically wiring the 150 pixel face but haven't created the Prop for it yet.  I wanted to test the lights out so I figured I would simply try to disconnect the working face and re-connect the controller to the corresponding part of the 150 pixel face.  Lo & behold only the pupil part of the new face lit up during a sequence, no doubt because that is the only component that had an equal number of pixels and segments in each face.

Am I correct in this assumption?  I haven't yet built the Prop but that is my next step and I am sure I will confirm the answer.

Don

Your assumption is correct. If the parts of the face has different numbers of pixels per movement then only the current number oF pixels connected to a certain port will light.

JR