Light-O-Rama Forums

Playlist w/ LOR?

Specter

Hey guys-
I am using LOR for a VERY small show- really, not animating this year, but just doing light arches. However, I want my favorite christmas songs playing in the back ground. I want to have about 30-50+ songs continuously playing while the lights are on- so essentially, LOR will turn on/off the lights AND the music/play list. The lights will not be synchronized (this year), but I want the music to start when the lights come on and then turn off when the lights shut down for the night. What's the best way to do this?

I'll be running the music from the computer to an amplifier to speakers in the yard. Ideas???

Take all the songs you want to play and make them into Musical sequences. You dont need to assign any channels. Just create each one as a default 8 channel sequence and dont assign any channels. It goes pretty quick. You can do 2 or 3 a minute once you get started.

Then
create a show in the show editor and add all your musical sequences under the musical tab. You can play them in order or click the random box.
Under the background tab, put your animation sequence for your arches. It will then run continuously as long as your show is scheduled.

That should be all there is to it.