Light-O-Rama Forums

Want to buy old incans

ItsMeBobO

Any junk light strings with the nema 1-15 unpolarized plugs sitting in storage that will never get used?  Im doing a little experimental project and need a pile of both the plug and receptacle ends.   These can be from incans or broken led strings.  The lights are not going to be used so I am not looking for anything of value.   

nema1-15.jpg

This is an example plug end which shows the fuse.  I need this and the other end too. 

Bob, someone out there has FUSED vampire plugs for sale, if you cant find any old strings.

I have been known to file down the wide prong when I needed to put an extension between the strings.

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Any junk light strings with the nema 1-15 unpolarized plugs sitting in storage that will never get used?  Im doing a little experimental project and need a pile of both the plug and receptacle ends.   These can be from incans or broken led strings.  The lights are not going to be used so I am not looking for anything of value.   

nema1-15.jpg

This is an example plug end which shows the fuse.  I need this and the other end too. 

I will take a gander in my bard. You are about 1 week late. I just through some arch sections out but I still may have some in some boxes.

I will message you if I find any.

JR

No idea how much they'd cost to ship, but I've been cutting the ends off mine for several years now when a strand goes bad.  I have 2 small ice-ream  containers {large square} and I have 1 full of Male ends and the other full of female ends.  I cut the male wires off as close and flush to the first bulb in the strand, female ends usually have longer wires than their male counterparts, as I also cut them off as close and flush just after the last bulb in the strand.

How many do you need, Bob?   Like stated, mine would already be cut from the strands, so no added expense of shipping for "dead weight", and  I'm sure I can possibly spare as many you need for your experiment, just depends on exactly how many you need. 

I use them to make extension cords for giving added length to other AC powered incandescent items that may still be in my display.

Thanks Orville     Yes like you I want to extend the lead a little on a my 'last few' strings.  

I think I owe you a shipment of CCB plugs too.  Sorry I had forgotten about that.  Lets continue this on PM. 

• The topic was locked