Light-O-Rama Forums

Official Light - O - Rama Zoom Room Schedule

dibblejr

The first meeting will be Tuesday June 8 at 8:00- 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time and may run l over if attendees want to stay and chatt or ask specific questions.

C5556596-91DE-458B-A8AA-362603539F06.png

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to Official Light - O - Rama Zoom Room Schedule

I will be there if I am working from home that day (good chance of that).

For those of you who are not on FB and wish to attend the first Official Light-O-Rama Zoom Room meeting the link is posted below

The 2021 schedule is in the above picture.

Hope to everyone there tomorrow evening.

8:00 - 9:00 pm EST

https://zoom.us/j/92255626716

Edited by dibblejr

15 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

sorry I missed it! 

You are a busy man. Turned out well though.

Special appearance by LOR’s own Mr. Matt Brown. Really nice of him.

Many more on the schedule.

JR

• Like 2

Good gathering last night. Suggestion, could we maybe get an agenda? Maybe the first 30 minutes could be someone giving a class on a particular subject like maybe JR giving a class on face sequencing and the last 30 minutes being a general Q&A.

Example topics:

-Face sequencing

-E1.31 controllers

-Pixie setup

-S5 basics

I missed the meeting, always looking for information to make things run smoother.... I think the "Zoom Room" a great idea and Mr. P has a good suggestion. Are these meetings being recorded or is there a way to go back and watch them like the VCS?

15 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Good gathering last night. Suggestion, could we maybe get an agenda? Maybe the first 30 minutes could be someone giving a class on a particular subject like maybe JR giving a class on face sequencing and the last 30 minutes being a general Q&A.

Example topics:

-Face sequencing

-E1.31 controllers

-Pixie setup

-S5 basics

We are working on agendas, By all means if you think of a topic you would like to see, feel free to bring it up during any meeting and of course here of on FB as well. All of the ones you listed are going to be in future meetings. 

This was the first meeting and we def wanted to get a feel of how well it went.

Thank for the input my friend.

BTW- I did see you hiding in their with those cool sunglasses. 

Thanks for attending and the help along the way. As always my thank You thread is due any time.

JR

14 hours ago, TheSignGuy said:

I missed the meeting, always looking for information to make things run smoother.... I think the "Zoom Room" a great idea and Mr. P has a good suggestion. Are these meetings being recorded or is there a way to go back and watch them like the VCS?

They are/ will not be recorded. Sorry. However there is nothing like real down to earth good conversation. More relaxed when not being recorded.

There are a lot of videos that cover most topics. 

You can ask questions any time here, FB and during the Zoom meetings and someone will gladly answer them

JR

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:37 AM, Mr. P said:

Example topics:

-Face sequencing

-E1.31 controllers

-Pixie setup

-S5 basics

Our goal is for this to be a place for conversation and real time questions. If we turn these Zoom calls into classes, we spiral into having to record them for people who can't make it, and once people realize the sessions are being recorded, many won't bother to show up at the scheduled time (the main issue with VCS). As JR said, there are tutorials online for many subjects; if there's a group that wants to put together virtual classes on a different evening, I would certainly support it, but for now we're going to keep these Tuesday night meetings a non-recorded troubleshooting Q&A.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aubrey said:

Our goal is for this to be a place for conversation and real time questions. If we turn these Zoom calls into classes, we spiral into having to record them for people who can't make it, and once people realize the sessions are being recorded, many won't bother to show up at the scheduled time (the main issue with VCS). As JR said, there are tutorials online for many subjects; if there's a group that wants to put together virtual classes on a different evening, I would certainly support it, but for now we're going to keep these Tuesday night meetings a non-recorded troubleshooting Q&A.

But that is my point, as it is now it's just a BS session as anyone can ask a question in the forums or on FB and get an answer, no need to attend the zoom room.

Now granted there are a lot of tutorials and Youtube videos but the thing about them is if you have a question when going through them there is nobody to answer. At least with a mini class someone is there to answer questions along the way.

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

But that is my point, as it is now it's just a BS session as anyone can ask a question in the forums or on FB and get an answer, no need to attend the zoom room.

Even though I wasn't able to join the first session, it seems to me that the Zoom room as envisioned would be a great benefit to get real-time help, not to mention getting ideas just listening to the "BS." And I think the tendency is to give out more detail and context when speaking then trying to write something out in a post. I'm thinking that when (notice I didn't say IF!) I have a question around the time of a scheduled meeting, I'll fire up SE and be prepared to show right then what my problem is, as opposed to a couple of screen shot back-and-forths here or on FB.

Seems to me there is plenty of room for both (zoom and classes) as they have different purposes. I spent a LOT of time in a Home Theater Builders forum a number of years ago and racked up something like 4K posts and 300K (yes, 300K) views in my build thread. It sure would have been nice to have put some faces with posts and get some real-time feedback on my plans and issues I was running into.

48 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Even though I wasn't able to join the first session, it seems to me that the Zoom room as envisioned would be a great benefit to get real-time help, not to mention getting ideas just listening to the "BS." And I think the tendency is to give out more detail and context when speaking then trying to write something out in a post. I'm thinking that when (notice I didn't say IF!) I have a question around the time of a scheduled meeting, I'll fire up SE and be prepared to show right then what my problem is, as opposed to a couple of screen shot back-and-forths here or on FB.

Seems to me there is plenty of room for both (zoom and classes) as they have different purposes. I spent a LOT of time in a Home Theater Builders forum a number of years ago and racked up something like 4K posts and 300K (yes, 300K) views in my build thread. It sure would have been nice to have put some faces with posts and get some real-time feedback on my plans and issues I was running into.

That is what it is all about. Everyone that has input on a certain question to help answer them in real time.

I for one still help others via phone calls though I only do screen share as a last resort I do open up S5/ S5 while helping to ensure we are both on the same screen.

If I was to screen share normally the end user doesn’t learn/ retain whatever we are discussing.

If yoi need help in between meetings with a topic I know all you have to do is ask.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked