Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 4 and LOR smart string not correct color order.

Al Saunders

Happy Memorial Day Everyone. Hope you all are well and staying safe.

I am wondering of its normal to have to "set" the color order if using an LOR pixie 4 controller with LOR smart pixels? I'm almost certain I hooked the wires up correctly but will check soon. I used the 4 strings and the controller on my RGB star on top of my new CCR tree last year. Luckily the sequences I had are older ones from Holiday Sequences so they were all white and had the star expanding in just white so it worked. But for this year's show I will be doing some sequencing myself and using at least 1 Superstar sequence that will include RGB star sequences. I have 4 of the white 12v bullet pixels model #12V-WH-BULLET-50-EC from the LOR RGB page. I'll double check on the dip switch but I'm pretty sure I followed JR's instructions on this pixie as I did for the Pixie 16. I appreciate any input given.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Thanks,

Al

It’s about 50/50 with having to set the color order 

To set the order open HU and find the pixie4

Advance tab

Next the bottom center pixie/... config

Color order can be set there

I always set mine up there in both S4 and 5 but in S5 in prop def there is also a color order preference. I do jot know how this works for the pixie series controllers but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

I can’t see the version you are using on my phone.

If you do please keep us posted. Thank you

JR

** added - the dip switch in this instance is only used for setting the unit ID and not color order. Just in case someone searches for and finds this references.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you need assistance

Edited by dibblejr

Hi JR,

Thanks for the reply. I checked it out this evening. So it looks like the order is Blue, Green, Red when I use the pixel console. I'm not able to make any changes save in the ordering of the color. The pixel strings I'm using are the 3 wire ws2811 12v 50 pixel strings from LOR. My pixie4 is version 1.04 and I'm using S4 4.4.6 Pro. One other thing that makes me think I have A LOT of work to do is parts of a chase aren't in the order they should be. I ran a sequence I used last Christmas and the all white older sequence looked fine. It was basically just expanding but also have some "exploding" effects that looked cool. I really don't want to open this RGB star back open and have to redo the pixels. I'm hoping that has something to do with a setting. I was very careful to place them properly to Brian Bruderer's instructions. Anyway, it's getting late here in MD so I'm done for the night. LOL

Maybe we can talk/text some weekend earlier in the evening? I appreciate your reply and help. 

Thanks,

Al

Ok, I'm still up and looked at the ordering again and I think its correct but will get the instructions out and double check soon. The color is still BGR and not able to change it. :(

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!

Al

26 minutes ago, Al Saunders said:

Ok, I'm still up and looked at the ordering again and I think its correct but will get the instructions out and double check soon. The color is still BGR and not able to change it. :(

Have a great day everyone and stay safe!

Al

Update the FW to 1.06 . If you have LOR pixels the color order is absolute RGB. Set in the advance tab. Do not use the piano looking key board to test. Use the main page in HU and then once you set it in HU use a generic test sequence.

As far as the node placement, I cant help you there since props vary.

To update the FM google Light O Rama Firmware Update, scroll down to the "Pixie 4" and save the dl to your computer

Open HU if you closed it, HU finds the controller on the bottom click firmware. Follow the instructions.

Let me know if you need assistance. Its pretty easy stuff.

JR

• Like 1

Pixie4 w/FW 1.05  on the Cosmic Color Config, click ADVANCED:  This allows the ports to set COLOR ORDER, individually 👍 (per port)

Hey Guys,

Updating the firmware did the trick! Created a quick animation sequence of fading up and then down of red, then green and then blue. All colors worked perfect. Thank you so much for the quick help. 

Love our LOR forum community! 

Al

• 4 months later...

Sorry to jump in on an old post but I'm having the exact same problem with a brand new out of the box pixie8d and LOR ws2811 bulbs.  I have updated the firmware to the latest (1.07), tried different pixel strings, played with the rgb settings in the HU (they don't seem to "stick", when I exit the tab to test and reopen it they revert back to RGB.  The test button on the pixie controller lights in the GRB order.  I have no jumpers installed, the only settings changed on the pixie were to the set the dip switches to identify as controller 5.  Any help would be appreciated!

Ok, I think I fixed it!  I closed the HU and reopened/refreshed.  Now the RGB settings seem to work as they are supposed to, even when using the test button on the controller.  Figured it would work itself out as soon as I posted something, I've only been fighting with it for the last hour. <insert eyeroll here> :)

Edited by 2dwc

1 minute ago, 2dwc said:

Sorry to jump in on an old post but I'm having the exact same problem with a brand new out of the box pixie8d and LOR ws2811 bulbs.  I have updated the firmware to the latest (1.07), tried different pixel strings, played with the rgb settings in the HU (they don't seem to "stick", when I exit the tab to test and reopen it they revert back to RGB.  The test button on the pixie controller lights in the GRB order.  I have no jumpers installed, the only settings changed on the pixie were to the set the dip switches to identify as controller 5.  Any help would be appreciated!

Did you use the Advanced screen shown on Page 16 of the manual?

Also NO JP5 on the board

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you installed the jumper on JP5 remove

JR

No jumpers!  Just needed to reboot the hu after the firmware upgrade.