Light-O-Rama Forums

Taps Across America

dibblejr

Not much point in a light show as it will be broad daylight.  If the intent is the same time regardless of time zone, for me it's noon.  Convenient that noon is when the flags are supposed to be raised back to full staff.  I could arrange to play taps at that time easily enough...

22 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Not much point in a light show as it will be broad daylight.  If the intent is the same time regardless of time zone, for me it's noon.  Convenient that noon is when the flags are supposed to be raised back to full staff.  I could arrange to play taps at that time easily enough...

I will play the taps and run my tiny show and have it loop until about midnight. If things go right.

Taps is the key . My house lights will be visible but unless it’s extremely overcast like you said most lights like my matrixs will not show well.

Either way I will play taps on the karaoke speaker and all light will be on

JR

K6CCC  Taps is to played at 3 PM LOCAL time, This info is from the FAQ on Tap Across America web site. 

Edited by prevue12
  • Like 1

Hmm- I see that. I was going off our news and last year.

Thanks for the heads up, I was going to be an hour early.

Had it not been for Phil Massey I may have missed it altogether.

Took more time that I care to mention (6hours+) to get my FM transmitter recognized by my show computer.

It seems that the reinstall of Win10 I had to do a couple months ago changed the headphones port that o have used since new to a different port. And I didn’t get the typical box to pop up saying it found an audio source and which one I’d like to use.

What a pain.

Thanks again for the news on the time.

JR

9 hours ago, prevue12 said:

K6CCC  Taps is to played at 3 PM LOCAL time, This info is from the FAQ on Tap Across America web site. 

Thank you, you’d think the OP would do a better job!

JR

Taps played properly in my front yard.  One neighbor obviously heard it, and paused momentarily, but then continued what he was doing...

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Taps played properly in my front yard.  One neighbor obviously heard it, and paused momentarily, but then continued what he was doing...

Well mine did not play and I have to give a huge shout out to MS customer support for that!

In the end a great man and friend Phil Massey helped get me fixed up but it was a mess.

MS installed 2 x Win10 in my computer and hung me out to dry

Thank you Phil

JR

I played taps on my guitar, amp on 10, next year two amps daisy chained, one wasn't loud enough.  I wish I could play a bugle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prevue12 said:

I played taps on my guitar, amp on 10, next year two amps daisy chained, one wasn't loud enough.  I wish I could play a bugle.

Very nice. It didn’t matter which instrument, I am sure your guitar was greatly appreciated.

JR

• Like 1