Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost Previews in S5

evarner1

I am using S5.6.0 Pro. When I started to do more today it went through something that looked like setting up the software. Now I can't find my previews.

What happened to them?

Please help.Thanks

Ed Varner

Edited by evarner1

Your previews are normally stored under your Documents folder, in a subfolder named "Light-O-Rama\CommonData". The file is "LORPreviews.xml". There is a backup file named "LORPreviews.xml.bak".

Matt

Was using S4 Advanced and upgraded to S5 Pro today into to add singing faces to my program this year.  Went to import my visualization preview that I've been using for the past 5 years and I can't figure out how to do it.  Do I really have to recreate the whole thing from scratch?  

5 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

Was using S4 Advanced and upgraded to S5 Pro today into to add singing faces to my program this year.  Went to import my visualization preview that I've been using for the past 5 years and I can't figure out how to do it.  Do I really have to recreate the whole thing from scratch?  

I found it best to open the VIS and export each prop or group of props individually and import them in to the S5 Preview individually. Especially with all of my singing props.

Once you save them on your S5 computer you can click the green + and Import a Vis or Prop file.

If your profile is correct I would also recommend updating to the latest version of S5.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

I found it best to open the VIS and export each prop or group of props individually and import them in to the S5 Preview individually. Especially with all of my singing props.

Once you save them on your S5 computer you can click the green + and Import a Vis or Prop file.

JR

I already uninstalled S4 as part of the installation of S5, so all I have are my lcc and lcc.bak files themselves.

Just now, Jaynee said:

I already uninstalled S4 as part of the installation of S5, so all I have are my lcc and lcc.bak files themselves.

What faces do you have? I believe I may have shared the prop files with you in the past. Name is familiar.

JR

• Like 1

You have several options.  You can try importing your S4 visualization.  Back in the old days, that did not work very well, but as I understand it, it is far better now.

Next is as JR suggested.

Last option is to build the Preview from scratch.  Back in the old days, that is what most of us ended up doing.  I think it took me less than an hour and I have 66K channels in my preview.

• Like 1

I bought Ralphie and Elden - but it's not the faces I'm concerned about.  It's all my other stuff in my program that I already had set up in my visualization in S4.  I have 5 controllers programmed, with a spiral tree, three poles, and other stuff - that's the stuff I don't want to have to recreate if I don't have to.  I was hoping I could just import my visualizer file that I used in S4.

47 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

What faces do you have? I believe I may have shared the prop files with you in the past. Name is familiar.

JR

Good news - I found the proper *.lee file and got my old props in there.  I think you remember my name from when I posted about the best way to hang the faces on my house - people responded with the suggestion to build wooden frames for them.

And I was able to successfully import the Ralphie and Elden props into my preview, so I'm good there as well! Phew!

Edited by Jaynee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaynee said:

Good news - I found the proper *.lee file and got my old props in there.  I think you remember my name from when I posted about the best way to hang the faces on my house - people responded with the suggestion to build wooden frames for them.

And I was able to successfully import the Ralphie and Elden props into my preview, so I'm good there as well! Phew!

Thanks for taking the time to update us.

Great news, have fun

JR