Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2 - Singing Tree Issue

Jimehc

I have two singing trees and 2 controllers (Felix & Zulu) when testing each prop and controller with HU - one at a time

HU finds first tested controller (1) as ID36 - Good...

When I attach Felix - all Pixels light...

When I attach Zulu - Some Pixels are out..

Testing the Second controller (2) as unit 30 - Good..

When I attach Felix - all Pixels light..

When I attach Zulu - all Pixels Light...

Not sure why this is happening with only one controller ?

At first I thought the pixels where dead in Zulu - then swapped out prop to Felix and other second controller and all was fine...

DSCF0004.JPG

Edited by Jimehc

First its "Zuzu" not Zulu. 

Slow down a second. If you could please sort out your info.

So when you plug in Felix and HU finds it and test what happens?

Stay with Felix until all tests are complete.

Now when you plug in Zuzu what happens.

Your sentences above they are all mixed up making it hard to evaluate and diagnose the problem.

Looking at your pic above. In shipping did some pixels fall out and you push them back in. If so it would appear that the wrong (some unused) pixels may have been pushed back in.

When you connect the other controller in are the shapes defined as they should be?

But sorting out your statement would really help out a bit to keep your testing steps in order.

Check your cable. If it worked on one controller and not the other your cable may not have been seated correctly, moving things to connect to the other controller could have helped.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Im gonna throw this out since I cant see what you are actually doing

Each LOR tree has a dif node count so testing a dif controller you will have a different number of pixels light up especially in the outline and eyes. The mouth movements are the same.

JR

Testing first controller 36 through HU all pixels test 100% on Felix - but some Pixels out on zuzu

Testing second controller 30 through HU all Pixels test 100% on both Trees

So basicly first controller does good with Felix, but not Zuzu

This is using the HU to test and have tested several times swapping things out - always same results..

Pic = Testing same controller as above but with Felix - using HU test

DSCF0007.JPG

Edited by Jimehc

3 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Testing first controller through HU all Pixels test 100% on both Trees

Testing second controller through HU all pixels test 100% on Felix - but some Pixels out on zuzu

So basicly second controller does good with Felix, but not Zuzu

This is using the HU to test

IIRC the trees use Macro channels and the Controller ID'S MUST (also?) MATCH the trees (design). You said you tested wit BOTH controllers set to 30. Each tree had a specific ID. This may affect the test

Switching the unit ID had no effect on results from HU test All 100%

ie same controller 36 - two different trees - only have issue with zuzu prop

Pic= Zuzu using second controller 30

DSCF0008.JPG

Edited by Jimehc

I'll also note that both the controllers Felix & Zuzu can set as Unit 30

Felix's controller should of been ID32 - Zuzu's controller should of Been 36

Changing the controller ID 30 to 36 for Zuzu - the whole sequence of light is off

Using the Pixie Test in HU - the first four channels are messed up - the Controller sent does not Match the Prop

Edited by Jimehc

Figured it out.. Thank You...

It was a Newbie issue - the Controller is configured to match the Prop - and the controllers are not interchangeable..

Edited by Jimehc

10 hours ago, TheDucks said:

IIRC the trees use Macro channels and the Controller ID'S MUST (also?) MATCH the trees (design). You said you tested wit BOTH controllers set to 30. Each tree had a specific ID. This may affect the test

FYI- no macros with the LOR Singing Quartet. 

Just in case someone stumbles across this thread and thinks they have a problem due to macro channels in their singing quartet props.

JR

Posting this because when I first got mine I mixed up the unmarked controllers for Ralphie and Zuzu and went through a similar situation.

Actually you can swap controllers, but if you do you have to go into the HU, click the COnfig on the bottom, then click the Cosmic Color/Pixie Config, then select the correct singing tree for the controller and click okay.  It'll update that controller to the prop you selected, Felix, Ralphie, Zuzu or Elden.   So the controllers can be interchanged, you just have to update them to work with a different tree if trying to test using one Pixie2 Controller.

You can also change the unit ID's as well, I had to change mine down, takes too long in the HU to find controllers if you don't have that many, so I had set Ralphie to 06 and Zuzu to 08, since I only had 5 other RGB Controllers when I first got mine.  Also remember when setting ID's, the Pixies use 2 ID #'s, that is why Zuzu is ID #08, Ralphie was 06 AND 07, Zuzu was 08 AND 09.   So remember that if you ever need to change their ID numbers from their defaults.

And how do I know the controllers can be changed?  Because when I got Zuzu and Ralphie and unpacked them and their controllers to build the frames for them, I forgot to mark the controllers as to which one belonged to which.   When I tested them in the HU at first, everything was wrong on both trees, each didn't have lights lighting up, a little checking into the config of each controller in the HU, then I found I had installed Ralphies Controller on Zuzu and Zuzu's on Ralphie.   Went in to the config area in HU, changed the prop definitions {only connecting one controller at a time} for each one, again, only one controller at a time when doing this, so you don't confuse yourself by having 2 Ralphies show up with different or same ID number {in case you changed the ID}, as if both are the same ID and Configured with the same pop name, you'll only see one controller.

Fortunately it's an easy fix, but at first when I mixed my 2 up, I thought at first I got a couple of bad trees and would have to send them back for replacement or repair.  Thankfully, it was really quite an easy fix, as it would have been a pain to remove the controllers off the back frame where I had mounted them and secured cords and cat 5 for testing them out before placing them out in my display.