Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree Configuration using Pixie16

Vince4xmas

I have a project to add a 360 degree pixel tree with 36 strips of 100 pixels each strand. The plan is to use a couple Pixie16s and each channel on the Pixie will control 150 pixels. So I have 1st strip starting a bottom going up 100 pixels, then next 2nd strip going down 50 pixels (1/2 length). The next channel, 50 pixels(remaining 1/2 length) down the 2nd strip, then 100 pixels up on 3rd strip. Repeat for remaining strips.

How is this configured in S5 preview/prop configuration when you have the above wiring? Every other strip consists of a split channel.

Please advise.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I have a project to add a 360 degree pixel tree with 36 strips of 100 pixels each strand. The plan is to use a couple Pixie16s and each channel on the Pixie will control 150 pixels. So I have 1st strip starting a bottom going up 100 pixels, then next 2nd strip going down 50 pixels (1/2 length). The next channel, 50 pixels(remaining 1/2 length) down the 2nd strip, then 100 pixels up on 3rd strip. Repeat for remaining strips.

How is this configured in S5 preview/prop configuration when you have the above wiring? Every other strip consists of a split channel.

Please advise.

Thanks

You may have to custom place the pixels for that. In the Preview Design/ prop def.

The one thing I can think of is use ME rows and share the pixels for those 1/2 strings but not sure it will work since over 170

Maybe Matt Brown can add to this conversation.

JR

You should be able to do it by building each string one by one and then grouping them.  For the strings that will be split, you will likely have to build it as two strings of 50 pixels - for example "String 02 top" and "String 02 bottom".  Then group those two before you group the 36 strings.  I would have to play with that a little to make sure that would work.  I had to do something similar is S3 or S4 because of pixel packing at some point - don't remember the details...

Why put yourself through all this headache. Drop four strands and do a 32 strand tree, it would be so much easier. Two pixie16's, 100 pixels per strand starting from the bottom, no bends, no mid strands, no power issues, just so much easier. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.  No offense 😁

Also, a Pixie16 can do 200 pixels per channel if running at 50% intensity correct?

So why not 2 (100) strands per pixie port? Only need 18 ports for 36 strands

Just looked at recent documentation and it states 200 pixels per port

I really wish they would update these manuals. I know originally the were 170 pixels and one universe.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I really wish they would update these manuals. I know originally the were 170 pixels and one universe.

Yes, each port is 170 but not. Universes. Look what the Falcon has done to you. LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Just looked at recent documentation and it states 200 pixels per port

You won’t get 200. I typed that somewhere that it may be a typo

I am building one for someone. I will test it at 200 and let you know.

The  pixielink though ups the game in big ways.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, each port is 170 but not. Universes. Look what the Falcon has done to you. LOL

Spoiled I guess 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I think a Pixie maxes out at 170 pixels and can't round robin channels.

Correct in a way.

Using S5 in ME rows you are able to share nodes. I did this with my monster singing trees to create a 5th mouth movement

JR

page 5 of lor pixie user manual 3/9/2020 v1.06

states the maximum is 200.

3 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

page 5 of lor pixie user manual 3/9/2020 v1.06

states the maximum is 200.

It’s wrong though. I tested that after the new manual and it didn’t work.

People are human. I think something got mixed around within the pixielink document.

The store page says 100

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I placed this video by mistake on your other thread.

Set up as a pixie16 V4 FW 1.06 on the HS network - Max pixels 170

Setup as a pixcon16 NP on the HS network - Max pixels 170

If testing all white ensure you have the intensity set very low 10-30% max

S5 allows you to set that.

JR

Thanks JR. So i guess 170 pixels is the max. Does it even allow you to set it for 200?

34 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Thanks JR. So i guess 170 pixels is the max. Does it even allow you to set it for 200?

No. If it did could set it up.

You are welcome , should have made that vide years ago.

Most people argue that 170 is impossible. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr