Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB’s

hopz28

Where is the best place to buy RGB’s? I saw Ali express but was a little Leary because of the good prices. Also what is the 3 prong connector called?

17 minutes ago, hopz28 said:

what is the 3 prong connector called?

A Connector.... So you will need to know what Type of connector you are going to be using - as there are basically 4 common types used..

Edited by Jimehc

Lots of us use Ray Ru on Alibaba - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

One tip.  Do not place the order directly through the Alibaba web site.  Figure out what you want, and send a message to Ray.  He will send you a quote that will save you on shipping.  The automated system will price shipping based on shipping each item separately - BAD!  Ray will give you a quote that is more rational.

Paul Zhang on Amazon. As someone mentioned above know which connector you want. Most common are xconnect and pigtails can be changed easily and affordably.

Rextinled if you are willing to soldier your own connections. I used Rextin for a long time until I got lazy and started buying them with connectors from Paul.

The Rextins are great- only one burn out in 5 years.  Never had any fail out of the box. I have strings and strings of bad out of the box from others.

Dont forget about LOR, can’t go wrong with their warranty.

JR

Most people solder their own connectors to their pixel strings for two main reasons.   Using custom lead lengths and keeping the lead ins as short as possible for each prop.

Even though the different types of connectors may look similar and even fit physically, they may be wired differently. Pick one type and stick with it. Even then, there is no guarantee that the pin outs will be the same from batch to batch. It is a very good idea to check the pin outs with a multimeter before soldering.