Light-O-Rama Forums

Power to my new N2G4 director

rmturner54

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Yes.  Why are you trying to make this so difficult?

I am not trying to make it difficult. Just trying to understand before I screw something up. Forgive me for just wanting to be sure.

Thanks for the answer.

OK so now, can i be sure. in the second picture with 2 controllers (lets assume AC Controllers) connected to the same network port (port 1) on the Director

Which one is supplying aux power - or would there be some sort of power feed fight or bleed over..

8 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

OK so now, can i be sure. in the second picture with 2 controllers (lets assume AC Controllers) connected to the same network port (port 1) on the Director

Which one is supplying aux power - or would there be some sort of power feed fight or bleed over..

As long as the jumper is on the accessory power it doesn’t matter.

Its been a while since I messed with AC controllers so I am not even sure that jumper exists 

JR

Each AC controller (and a few others) will supply aux power on the network.  They are not really fighting each other, but more somewhat sharing - based mostly on cable lengths and slight variations in voltage supplied.

11 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

As long as the jumper is on the accessory power it doesn’t matter.

Its been a while since I messed with AC controllers so I am not even sure that jumper exists 

JR

The jumper that is being mentioned, must be on newer AC controllers. I have the CTB-16D's. I could be wrong but I dont think they  have a jumper like wahts being mentioned

AC controllers don't have they "jumper" - they all supply aux power.  The newer Pixie controllers have the jumper.

Ok, so to sum up - all AC controllers supply aux power via the cat5 cable - and daisy chaining them does not cause an issue with that aux power feed from each AC controller...

And if you have a Pixie controller as your nearest controller - then you must use the JP2 jumper - to be able to supply aux power to the director.

Did I sum it up correctly?

Edited by Jimehc

2 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Ok, so to sum up - all AC controllers supply aux power via the cat5 cable - and daisy chaining them does not cause an issue with that aux power feed from each AC controller...

And if you have a Pixie controller as your nearest controller - then you must use the jumper - to be able to supply aux power to the director.

It's my understanding this w/o being too difficult, I would say yes, but cant answer on the subject of pixie since I dont have any.

1 hour ago, rmturner54 said:

The jumper that is being mentioned, must be on newer AC controllers. I have the CTB-16D's. I could be wrong but I dont think they  have a jumper like wahts being mentioned

Thats why I said not sure if the AC controllers have jumpers.

I have never built an AC controller but have built every RGB controller I have as well as for others.

JR

20 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

And if you have a Pixie controller as your nearest controller - then you must use the JP2 jumper - to be able to supply aux power to the director.

Yes!

Remember, when you receive p pixie controller there will be instructions to install a jumper on pins other than JP2. 

Do not install that jumper where indicated, install on JP2

If yoi get 2 jumper leave one in the bag.

If you are using the pixie controller end of the line there is no need to install any jumper other than for later use if yoi change your show configuration.

JR

Edited by dibblejr