Light-O-Rama Forums

Disappointed to see that LOR now officially has a Facecrap support group

k6ccc

While some of you will see that LOR having an official facecrap support group as a positive, I see it as a decided negative.  It means that support will be split.  Some people will undoubtedly regularly show up on both, but over time, most will either use the forum or facecrap, but not both.  That means that there will be fewer users who are able to provide help and ideas on how to do things with their lights.  What I mean by that is if a question is asked on the forum, answers and suggestions will come only from the people who use the forum, and if a question is asked on facecrap, it can only be answered by people who use facecrap.  In either case, the best answer may be from a person who is on the other platform - and will get missed

I'm sure you can tell from my wording which platform I will use....

• Like 3

There has been a longstanding issue with this forum on posting pictures.  Years of upgrades but never a better way to post a picture.   Sharing is part of the fun which FB and can handle much better.   

38 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

There has been a longstanding issue with this forum on posting pictures.  Years of upgrades but never a better way to post a picture.   Sharing is part of the fun which FB and can handle much better.   

True, but we figure out how to do it.

A picture is worth a thousand words... I really do not think the New User Support level (As the intended goal with Facebook) will change here or there.. I also do not fully understand why a Facebook page when there is an official forum and the same group of people other then to increase the likelihood of promoting future sales....

There is a good chance of this working better for example how many people use the forums and not face(book) and how many are on facebook that are not in the forums.  I believe the forum is better myself because too many berate people for asking questions on facebook.  They have a tendency to forget they were newbies once themselves.  But i believe the people will be served better having more choices to find their answers, but that is just my opinion, and we all know what those are like😄

Edited by Eaglesclaw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

While some of you will see that LOR having an official facecrap support group as a positive, I see it as a decided negative.  It means that support will be split.  Some people will undoubtedly regularly show up on both, but over time, most will either use the forum or facecrap, but not both.  That means that there will be fewer users who are able to provide help and ideas on how to do things with their lights.  What I mean by that is if a question is asked on the forum, answers and suggestions will come only from the people who use the forum, and if a question is asked on facecrap, it can only be answered by people who use facecrap.  In either case, the best answer may be from a person who is on the other platform - and will get missed

I'm sure you can tell from my wording which platform I will use....

I tend to agree with you Jim. The forums will almost certainly see a decline in traffic. Being a private group with strict moderation it may work out for those who have a FB account. I have a bare bones account for keeping up with family, and I have joined the new group. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

I have never had a FB account so any questions asked there are not relevant to me. The Forums have always been the place to go for questions and help and I really hate to see that change.

• Like 1

Some of us that help have both accounts and will still visit both.

There comes a time that we have to keep up with the times.

All of us who normally help out and have both the account and a FB account will more than likely still help out in both places.

I know I will.

I like the fact that LOR has an “official” FB account to squash those rumors concerning various membership programs to get advanced sales.

The same subject the DevMike posted about not long ago.

As well as the LOR bashing that goes on in the other FB groups.

We now have a way to help some that only use FB and stumbled in to the other groups not knowing that we’re not official and get bullied when they ask a question. As well as those pre sale membership junk replies.

I talk and help a lot of FB users and the majority for some reason did not know about this forum and most have joined this forum because it is kinder than the other FB groups.

Lets just keep up the good work here and show the same courtesy and support to anyone asking questions on either the forum or FB.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, k6ccc said:

True, but we figure out how to do it.

Yes  it was never a problem for me personally.  I get gobs of storage for my web hosting account.

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I have never had a FB account so any questions asked there are not relevant to me. The Forums have always been the place to go for questions and help and I really hate to see that change.

I say I don't have a facebook account which is true in that I don't have one with my name on it.  My high school classmates wont find me.  But my display has a page which is under my wife's account.  

• The topic was locked