Light-O-Rama Forums

basic plus

pjpilker

OK I started out with a one controller package and basic plus  S5.   During the mad grab sale I snagged 2 more ac controllers which will give me a total of 3.   Basic plus says I can run 4  and that will be plenty to start with for me.  My question is... I am thinking of getting a dumb rgb controller to just outline windows.  Would that count as my other controller and would I have to have a higher license level?  I guess I know it would count as a controller.  More wondering about the license level.  I also bought the mini show director with the fm ready to go.  Going to run off sd card.  Will the dumb rgb controller work with that?                                                                                                                                                  Thanks PJ

Assuming the dumb controller you are talking about is the LOR cmb 24, then yes it will consume just one ID and be the fourth controller. No need to upgrade further at this point...... but you soon will ...

Don't know much about directors, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

It's only 72 channels.

29 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

A G3-Mp3 or G4-Mp3?

He said mini-director.

This  is the controller I am talking about. At wow lights.   

https://www.wowlights.com/ProductDetail.asp?Category=35&Product=528

My next question is how do I add it to my preview?   I clicked on add an lor device and don't see it listed.  I looked under add an rgb  and don't see it there either.  Do I use the rgb generic?

Can you point me in the right direction. "He said mini-director."  He is a she  :]

Edited by pjpilker

That would be a CMB24D and should be listed under LOR Device. As for how many controllers a license can use, don't count controllers you need to count Unit ID's as some controllers use one and some use up to 16.