Jump to content

Is it just me or ......


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

Boy, that certainly isn’t logical since each of the 8 are separate electrical circuits.  I’ll give it a try though.  

It's completely logical.  Each port of a Pixie controller is a separate Unit ID - no different than each of your AC controllers is a separate Unit ID - except that in the case of the Pixie, it really is on the same board.  Just as there is no logical relation between you AC controller ID 01 circuit 01, and AC controller ID 02 circuit 01; there is no logical relationship between two ports on a Pixie controller.  They are on the same board, but each port is a completely separate LOR Unit ID.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Donl1150 said:

Boy, that certainly isn’t logical since each of the 8 are separate electrical circuits.  I’ll give it a try though.  

The Ports are the real circuits (ID), Pixel 1 is the string circuit closest to the port connector (unless the port is reversed using HU) 

My house is an 'L' The controller is in the corner, so Port 1 is reversed so the count starts at the far end, then the next ports are normal

(100-32-100) makes the wires short for those 3 ports (Pixie4)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Changed them all to 1 and now the preview of the prop works perfectly !  Thanks.  Problem now is the actual prop is still not lighting up properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Donl1150 said:

Changed them all to 1 and now the preview of the prop works perfectly !  Thanks.  Problem now is the actual prop is still not lighting up properly.

Usually if that is the case, the preview is not matching reality of how the prop is actually built.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Now if your string has 30 Pixels - then you need to set the Prop Definition to reflect 30 pixels.... Or your wiring if off...

Edited by Jimehc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are the no. pixels per port for the prop.  Do I have to set each port to match the pixel count?  If so, I have already done that in the Prop Definition in SE.  See attached for 13-01.

 

941764892_ScreenShot2021-05-20at8_25_40PM.png.5303608a88855026eadce050b60fa51d.png

1976958378_ScreenShot2021-05-20at8_29_02PM.png.2003a944bff2127bdc9e51e098d850dd.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.29.02 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are using Pixels... So you need to configure the RGB tab... An AC string work as a single circuit (on/off) and is programed as such... When use smart pixels you are programing at the bulb level.... thus at a color Per channel Per Bulb. (ie 50 bulbs = 150 channels)

With Dumb RGB strings you are programming at a color per string thus 3 color channels per string..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are making this far to difficult. I built your bulb, LCC and all.

Above you are trying to use "traditional strings" for RGB light. Click the RGB tab next to it.

What happened to all of the stuff I sent you? If you used it all of them would work. The controller and everything was built and setup.

Now there are way to many heads throwing answers that are confusing you even more.

If the preview works and the prop doesn't that will be in your physical controller settings. More than likely your controller unit ID is not correct due to the dip switch being on and you set the ID via HU. I believe you and I covered that a long time ago.

The preview setting for the controller are probably correct but the actual controller wrong would mean no lights

JR

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jimehc said:

Now if your string has 30 Pixels - then you need to set the Prop Definition to reflect 30 pixels.... Or your wiring if off...

He could actually have 100 physical pixels but only sequence 30 and that will work if he doesnt want to cut the strings. 

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2021 at 12:30 PM, Donl1150 said:

JR said the Pixie 16 would be able to handle the various face movements if I re-wired it to have 8 separate channels.  So I went about cutting and splicing and created 8 separate channels for the face. 

This is what Don Stated

Edit: I'll also note that nobody knows want was shared with him privately, but what seems obvious is he does/did not Get it.

Edited by Jimehc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You are making this far to difficult. I built your bulb, LCC and all.

Above you are trying to use "traditional strings" for RGB light. Click the RGB tab next to it.

What happened to all of the stuff I sent you? If you used it all of them would work. The controller and everything was built and setup.

Now there are way to many heads throwing answers that are confusing you even more.

If the preview works and the prop doesn't that will be in your physical controller settings. More than likely your controller unit ID is not correct due to the dip switch being on and you set the ID via HU. I believe you and I covered that a long time ago.

The preview setting for the controller are probably correct but the actual controller wrong would mean no lights

JR

 

 

Thanks JR.  I re-built the bulb myself in S5 since I wanted to learn how to use it.  As you probably picked up, the Pixie16 controller will be 05 in my display, not 02 has you had built for me.  As for the current situation, after I changed all of the 8 ports to RGB from traditional, the prop works perfectly and now matches my preview.  I have now begun digging into sequencing the pixels on the bulb ........ this part should get me pretty excited to continue onward.

I do have a question though.  Now I want to associate this new preview with the hanging bulb with the remainder of my imported sequences.  When I open an imported one, I am faced with making decisions as shown in the attached.  Not sure how to answer those questions.  I have tried a couple of ways and it doesn't seem to add the bulb to the sequence.  Thoughts to help me on this one?

Capture.PNG.75bdbbae4e1d35771c33eb3e4e4bcd6b.PNG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Bulb is in a Preview - select all the bulb elements - right click - export... Open your whole house preview - click add - import S5 prop file.... Now anything that uses that whole house preview will have the bulb available...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you havent grouped it I would create a group in the preview.

Glad everything is finally coming together for you.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, I have grouped them...thanks JR

Having a problem though.    Trying to add sequence effects to the bulb but the 8 channels are cross hatched and it won't allow me to make any effects to them.  Can't figure out what is causing that or how to fix it.  Must be a setting somewhere?

 

800264880_ScreenShot2021-05-22at12_57_37PM.thumb.png.1016a5ced4a141252fc379693c78cb9d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

you have to either add a Motion Effect Row to each element in your preview

or right click each element in sequence and select - Add Channel level for Pixel Prop (or something to that effect)

or select add Motion Effect Row..

Edited by Jimehc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For singing faces best to use ME rows for the mouth movements and eyes

Use ME or regular rows for the outline.  If yoi know the node numbers- this will allow you to make a chase with the outline if you ever want to.

Sometimes I will use my outlines and toppers as their own prop esp for New  Years mashups with very little if any singing.

New Years is the only holiday I may use a song without lyrics.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JR, since I am just now getting my face to work using S5, I am still trying to learn the new terminology that it uses.  I assume "ME" means Motion Effect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Donl1150 said:

JR, since I am just now getting my face to work using S5, I am still trying to learn the new terminology that it uses.  I assume "ME" means Motion Effect?

Yes. That way you don’t have to copy paste an entire string.

Just one row for the mouths.

JR

 

Edited by dibblejr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JR, Starting to see if I can get the network running.  I have the Red adapter connected to the computer and the Pixie16.  The sequence runs perfectly on the hanging bulb prop & the preview.  I have two ELL's plugged in.  One in the Pixie16 port and one in an AC controller port.  When I run the HU, it finds only the Pixie 16.  Is this the way to connect the Pixie into the display?  Or do I have to hardwire the AC units and daisy chain them?  I would prefer to use the ELL's on the AC units for convenience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

JR, Starting to see if I can get the network running.  I have the Red adapter connected to the computer and the Pixie16.  The sequence runs perfectly on the hanging bulb prop & the preview.  I have two ELL's plugged in.  One in the Pixie16 port and one in an AC controller port.  When I run the HU, it finds only the Pixie 16.  Is this the way to connect the Pixie into the display?  Or do I have to hardwire the AC units and daisy chain them?  I would prefer to use the ELL's on the AC units for convenience.

You need to Hardwire the PIXIE. You can have a SLOW  network for the ELL with/AC as a second network

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have hardwired the Pixie to the computer with the red adapter.  That all works good.  Don't know how to set up the second network with the black slow adapter.  Do I need to use 2 USB ports on the computer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ELLs and Pixie controllers can not exist on the same network.  ELLs max out at 115K speed and can't handle Enhanced LOR networking - Pixies pretty much require 500K or 1000K Enhanced LOR networking.

So yes, a red USB to RS-485 adapter on the network that will have the Pixie and you can use a second USB to RS-485 adapter (either red or black) for the second network that will have the ELLs.

Setting up two LOR networks is easy.  If you have questions, feel free to ask.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok thks.   Have to dig out my black adapter and see if I can set up the slow network.    Will ask if I get stuck.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That didn't take long!  Stuck.  I have the black adapter in one USB port and the red adapter in the other USB port.  Only have 2 on my machine.  I run Auto Config in the HU and it finds 2 active Comm ports.....3 and 4.  Then I run Refresh and it only finds the Pixie on Comm 4 & nothing on Comm 3 where the ELL is attached.  

What next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...