Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2 vertical window strips (bars) data flow

Crimson Lane Lights Etown

1385020285_WindowLowerID21PortOneLOR.jpg.ec2c425b6f6ee9bb15e685ac03969b66.jpg

This would be one of eight, or one of the four sets. There are four upper windows and four lower windows.  The lower and upper windows , above and below, are connected to the pixie II port one bottom window, port two top window. Bottom left strip one start pixel one, ending strip five top right end pixel 155.  Total pixels in the string are 163.  Skipping 26, 27 at fold one, 53, 54 at fold two, etc.

S5 prop setup is as a vertical matrix with 5 strings, no fold, 31 per string.  That allows me to black out or null the two bullets on each fold (there are 8 dead bullets).  The preview shows exactly what I want to see. sequential up from the bottom to the top on each vertical strip.  However; in practice, strip two and four are opposite flow.  (I guess following the data flow from left to right)  

Is there a work around in the software?  Do I have to add wire from pixel 31 (top of strip one) to pixel 32 (bottom of strip two), and so on?

Try inverting the ones that you say are opposite in the preview design.

You could also copy and use Paste Special and invert the paste.

That is how I sequence my circles. I want them to mirror ea b other in some songs. 

JR

Can you post a screen capture of your preview?  The Preview should exactly match reality.

Also, does the Pixie support null pixels, or does it think that there are 163 live pixels?  I don't use Pixie controllers so I don't know if that is possible with them.

Change the prop from vertical matrix and use 5 separate unconnected lines or firesticks, then address pixels accordingly and add a group called matrix which includes all 5 lines.

31 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Also, does the Pixie support null pixels, or does it think that there are 163 live pixels?  I don't use Pixie controllers so I don't know if that is possible with them.

Pixies do not support null pixwls

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

Pixies do not support null pixwls

JR

That was kinda my guess.  Breaking it up into 5 separate lines seems like the easy solution.  Then group as needed (possibly several groups arranged differently).

Very interesting, thanks to everyone.  No one mentioned cutting the string at the top of each strip and adding a 3pin wire to reach the bottom of each strip, therefore keeping the data flowing in one direction over all 155 bullets, no skipped ones.  I have those heat shrink solder ones. I will try different ways to preview the prop and see how it acts in real life.  Thank again.

I don't know how to screen capture yet, sorry.

Ross

1 hour ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

Very interesting, thanks to everyone.  No one mentioned cutting the string at the top of each strip and adding a 3pin wire to reach the bottom of each strip, therefore keeping the data flowing in one direction over all 155 bullets, no skipped ones.

If you are using pixels, that's not hard.  If you are using strips I recommend against cutting them unless absolutely necessary.

1 hour ago, Crimson Lane Lights Etown said:

I don't know how to screen capture yet, sorry.

If you're on almost any Windows version, there is a tool called the Snipping tool.  That lets you create a rectangle around whatever you and then save that as a file.  If you are on Windows 10, it's easier.  Press and hold these keys [Windows] [Shift] [S]  That will let you grad various shapes and it copies the screen capture to the clipboard.  Then paste into whatever you want.  If you are wanting the same the screen capture, paste into Paint and then save with whatever name you want.

22 hours ago, Jimehc said:

Maybe something like this

Image192.jpg

Image193.jpg

I'm sorry I can't see these photos.  

On 5/4/2021 at 6:11 PM, Vince4xmas said:

Change the prop from vertical matrix and use 5 separate unconnected lines or firesticks, then address pixels accordingly and add a group called matrix which includes all 5 lines.

First, I created a prop called 'Window 2 Upper String 1 of 5' with the exact number of bullets and ID number.  Then told it to start at the bottom.  Saved it.  Then positioned it over the window frame.

Second, and etc, I created a prop for each string and moved them into position over the window lining them up vertically, like bars. Now this is where in practice, I had to flip in the preview Prop 2 of 5 & 4 of 5 to get the data flowing in the vertical direction.  I could only achieve flipping or rotating in the preview by creating a prop for each string.

Thirdish, I grouped all 5 props together as "Window 2 Upper' and created a ME row. 

Fourish, I added the Window 2 Upper ME row to the whole house ME group.

Fiveish, I drank a beer. 

Hello, I got the first set of four sets finished and tested.  These will be stacked with the smaller one on the top window and the larger one on the bottom window.

1/2" cpvc pipe with tees and elbows.  Small window is 135 12v HC Hobby bullets in 5 strips of 27 each, 2" spacing.  Large window is 155 12v Hc Hobby bullets in 5 strips of 31 each, 2' spacing.  Powered by the LOR Pixie II with adapter, LOR to HC. Can't wait to get them all done!

https://www.brighteon.com/0e5d6e87-30e7-4cc9-b950-12b119f63985

The OP could use the rectangular 3 RGB nodes per for windows. That’s what I use for my house outline and Windows. 

Makes going around corners easy.

There is also a company that makes the splice couplings (so to speak) for ribbons.

Let me look at my bag and tell you who it’s is. It’s been a minute since I purchased them, they were the wring size, but they do have the correct size.

Another member and I was trying them out and he also ordered the wrong size but returned them and ordered the correct size.

JR