Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you buy at the mad grab?

Wayne K

I was in and out in about 2 minutes and got 4 ac controllers. And then thought what the heck, went back in and got 2 more.

Wayne

Edited by Wayne K

• The title was changed to What did you buy at the mad grab?

2 AC controllers for my Dad. What my wife really wanted was a singing face.... :(

Edited by LaughsBrightly
Removed rambling....

Got a spare RS485HS Adapter, 40 SPT-1 male female Vamp plugs, Pixie 4 and a Pixie 16. That payment issue almost got me, but I just went through paypal checkout after the 4th try and got what I wanted. If I didn't get it, I didn't get it... I think I saved $25 on the Pixie's.

• 2 weeks later...

I got two singing faces, which I'm very happy about since I missed on getting them last year.

I received them a few days ago and they are HUGE.  Wondering how people hang them on their house?  They seem VERY heavy AND the plastic is a bit bendy, so I need to know what people do to hang them.  Our plan was to hang them in the big open space over our garage.  Right now we only have a 48" lighted wreath there and I'd love to have a face on each side of the wreath.  The wreath is light enough that we use fishing line to hang it from a nail in the rafter, but we can't do that with the faces.

Ideas, please!

Got the AC Controller Kit(s) - Assembled - with a little modification

DSCF00014.JPG

Edited by Jimehc

Jaynee,

Just make a 2x2 wood frame and mount faces to that.

Please PM me and I will send pics of my setup.

Thanks

• Like 1

Cut (4) 2x2x39 1/4 < make Picture Frame, Square frame diagonally and add (4) 45* corner support, loosely use a few screws to hold top of prop to frame. Set outside in Sun to warm and expand plastic, install remainder of screws... this will allow the backing to pull tight when cool... Store inside shipping box..

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

Edited by Jimehc
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, Jimehc said:

Got the AC Controller Kit(s) - Assembled - with a little modification

DSCF00014.JPG

I like the way you added the panel mount RJ45 adapter. I liked it so well I had to go to the shop and open up my new controllers to see if I could do the same thing. Are those the Coro adapters?

Thanks

Wayne

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 1:53 PM, Jaynee said:

I got two singing faces, which I'm very happy about since I missed on getting them last year.

I received them a few days ago and they are HUGE.  Wondering how people hang them on their house?  They seem VERY heavy AND the plastic is a bit bendy, so I need to know what people do to hang them.  Our plan was to hang them in the big open space over our garage.  Right now we only have a 48" lighted wreath there and I'd love to have a face on each side of the wreath.  The wreath is light enough that we use fishing line to hang it from a nail in the rafter, but we can't do that with the faces.

Ideas, please!

Man its simple.   Now, my two faces are just plain AC  light tree faces, 7 channels from Holiday Cor.....      But same concept.

I did use 2x4. as I wanted it a little thicker off the wall t0 have plenty of room for all the light wires in back.

Just built a square frame, screwed it togehter with deck screws, no corner braces as its really strong.

Screwd the faces on, painted the frame outer edge black to blend in.

Then I drilled a couple homes in the brick mortar, and then got regular plastic drywall anchor sleeves, removed the metals crew, and bought a Hook that I could force thread into the plastic with pairs of plyers.  I prethreaded it in to sort of cut a path into the plastic sleeves.

Then I inserted the sleeves just as a slightly snug push fit.   Then threaded in the metal hooks. This pushed out on the plastic just enough to bite the brick mortar and lock in.

Then I put eye hooks into the top of the frames pointing up, and hung them on these hooks.    VERY SOLID!!

• Like 1

I bought two fully asseembled AC controllers to add another 32 channels this year.

Should have bought 3, but oh well.

I wanted the 10 Watt RGB flood kit but it wasn't in stock so not part of the sale.

Anyone know when the summer sale is?  Hoping its gonna be on sale then as I see tis back in stock now.  I still want that for 8 more flood channels.

• The topic was locked