Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel String Lengths

kzziboy

Hi Everybody,

I'm going to order some 50 node SQUARE pixel strings but I wanted to get some feedback on the actual lengths of them.  I was looking at ordering from Ali Express.  Their descriptions aren't very precise.  I'm pretty sure many have ordered these before.  Just wondering what length I can expect a 50 node string to be?  There's confilicting descriptions that show 100 mm and 120 mm in between pixel nodes.  That equals about a 3 foot difference in the overall length of the strings. 

Perhaps some lots are different lengths than others?  Either way, if anyone has ordered lateley, can you let me know how long they turned out to be?

Thanks!

Ray will make them almost any length that you need.  Post a link to the ones you are considering.  Also note that with nodes (as opposed to strips), spacing is usually determined by whatever the pixels are mounted to - not by the wire length.  Several examples shown below.  If the photos don't show for you, there is a link to each one as well.

Pixels_on_cable.sm.jpg

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/Pixels_on_cable.sm.jpg

2014_Bottom_of_strip-mounting_detail_1.j

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/2014_Bottom_of_strip-mounting_detail_1.jpg

The two photos above are the same pixels (spaced 2.5 inches in both cases) - different year and mounting method.  Below are LOR CCPs spaced 2 inches.

2014_Arches_crossing.jpg

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/2014_Arches_crossing.jpg

Edited by k6ccc

Most of us tend to use Ray Wu's store on Alibaba because he understands what we are trying to accomplish pretty well.  Also note:  DO NOT let Alibaba calculate shipping.  Figure out what you want and contact Ray and request a quote.  By default, the Alibaba will calculate shipping based on shipping each item individually.  Ray will give you a more reasonable quotation.

BTW, I can't get much out of the page you linked - Alibaba is determined to believe that I read Arabic

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Most of us tend to use Ray Wu's store on Alibaba because he understands what we are trying to accomplish pretty well.  Also note:  DO NOT let Alibaba calculate shipping.  Figure out what you want and contact Ray and request a quote.  By default, the Alibaba will calculate shipping based on shipping each item individually.  Ray will give you a more reasonable quotation.

BTW, I can't get much out of the page you linked - Alibaba is determined to believe that I read Arabic

That’s both of us. Google drive thought I spoke spanish and the only way I solved that problem was to delete Google one drive or whatever it was. Drive me cryazy.

Paul, Ray and Tom are all linked together. LOL 

I received an email a year ago from all three of them at once.

JR