Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Shared Favorites - "Empty"

purdurnr

Is there a step required to have the shared motion effects populate in my install?

I have nothing in "LOR Shared Favorites".  There is an xml file in the iternal directory.

Is this a permissions issue or a step still remains?

Thanks,

Kyle

Sorry... updated my profile.  I am 5.6 and saw it at Summit so am going through the notes I have.  No LOR Shared Favorites in my folders.

The shared favorites show up in the Motion Effects editor favorites window in the lower center of the ME. They are not in your LOR folders.

The download file should be at "\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Downloads\MotionEffects\LORFavorites.xml". Its size should be 11K or so.

If the file is there, then please create at help desk ticket, zip up the LORFavorites.xml file, and attach the zip file to the ticket. We will be happy to try and resolve it.

Thanks!

I had typed up a response to this thread that looked like below:  
It appears I have the same issue.  The LOR Shared Favorites does not have an icon to expand the folder.   Help Desk ticket was created.  

image.png.e840e8330bd8c691ad9ff7811df7c484.png

After creating the ticket I found a way to resolve the problem for my machine.  I added what I experienced to the ticket I created.  I'll let the developers determine root cause and provide a proper solution.

We experienced a server issue which was just now fixed.

1) the Sequencer caches online files for 24 hours, so Motion Effect favorites won't automatically refresh on your PC until tomorrow. A work-around is to delete the "\LORInternal\Downloads\MotionEffects\LORFavorites.xml" file before opening the Sequencer.
2) in Preview Design, there are "Refresh" buttons for dialogs that display online content. The content of these dialogs won't automatically refresh until tomorrow; however, if the you press the Refresh button, it will update immediately.

Sorry for the confusion.

Never knew of this feature (LOR shared favorites)...will have to check it out.  And love the new waveform in 5.6 ME.

3 hours ago, MattBrown said:

We experienced a server issue which was just now fixed.

1) the Sequencer caches online files for 24 hours, so Motion Effect favorites won't automatically refresh on your PC until tomorrow. A work-around is to delete the "\LORInternal\Downloads\MotionEffects\LORFavorites.xml" file before opening the Sequencer.
2) in Preview Design, there are "Refresh" buttons for dialogs that display online content. The content of these dialogs won't automatically refresh until tomorrow; however, if the you press the Refresh button, it will update immediately.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Matt. Those are some really cool effects!