Light-O-Rama Forums

Disney World Castle Lighting Effects

kevinito

For those who've been to Disney World at night during their laser light show when the castle periodically "sparkles". It appears as if someone is using a camera flash from the Castle. Is there a way this can be done using LOR software/lights?

Greetings Kevinito,

So I haven't seen the display at Disney World but I have come up with a method of incorporating strobe like flashes with high powered LED's. I wanted to incorporate high power flashes with out using xenon strobes. Didn't want the danger of having 500v charging capacitors out in the rain.  I also wanted to be able to control each flash (after all we are lighting control freaks). So what I do is use a 1-3 watt LED. Sixteen LED strobes  are controlled with a LOR 16 channel (CMB-16D-QC) DC board. I only use two boards as my house isn't that big. Instead of having complicated circuits in the flash unit itself, I create the flash in the sequence editor by making a sequence with a timing of .05. This send a very short pulse of DC to the LED strobe. It is a very bright flash. Another benefit with this approach is that it only takes two wires to make the LED strobe work. Each LED is completely independent. So you can sparkle at any speed you want, or do patterns of flashes.

fairyflash.jpg.45bc8380204956a34b97f912c114be12.jpg

The 5mm SuperSpark strobe lights at Christmas Light Emporium are amazing.  I saw some for the first time at another show (@monstermike) this past Christmas and ordered a bunch for myself.  I will be removing my old traditional C9 strobe lights.

https://thechristmaslightemporium.com/collections/5mm-strobe-light-strands

Of course if you use pixels, your can strobe those as well (twinkle).

• The topic was locked