Light-O-Rama Forums

2021 Spring sale announced

k6ccc

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I would not be surprised.  At this point, I expect to just be a spectator.  There is nothing that I am planning on buying in the sale...

I am In the same boat, I just want to watch Bobs selling stats.

Thats the fun part for me.

JR

Nothing for me this year. Pretty full display.

Plus, moving display to another location. If all goes as expected, then will order more next year!

Question.  Have taken a break from LOR stuff since the 2019 season.

If I'm able to successfully buy 2 singing trees in the sale, do I just need to get the Pixie4 to run them both? This will be my first pixel product purchase and I want to make sure I'm getting the right things.

And I trust that the Pixie4 comes enclosed in a protective case of some kind versus just being just the motherboard that is pictured on the website? Pixie4 Smart Pixel controller (lightorama.com)

Although looking at the sale prices, would it make sense to just get a Pixel 16 so I've already got room for more pixels when the time comes???....

The LOR Singing Trees come with their own Controller...

• This is NOT A KIT... Pixels are inserted into the plastic and the tree is ready to be mounted to your choice of support.
  • Includes controller, power supply and pixels. Ready to plug in!

Edited by Jimehc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimehc said:

The LOR Singing Trees come with their own Controller...

Oh my word.  I can't tell you how many times I read that product page and didn't see that bullet point!  I'm an idiot. *lol*

while it is nice, i miss the point of having the singing trees being pixels.  You can change eye and lip colors, but trees are usually green.   What other advantage is there over using AC versions that justify about 10 times the cost?

2 minutes ago, TexasLights said:

while it is nice, i miss the point of having the singing trees being pixels.  You can change eye and lip colors, but trees are usually green.   What other advantage is there over using AC versions that justify about 10 times the cost?

The big advantage of using AC light strings in my opinion is a better look because the lights are far closer together.  For example, the LOR pixel based trees are 200 pixels.  My LED string trees are around 850.  I had seen both before I bought mine and decided that I liked the look of AC string ones better.  Kind of along the line of "just because you can do something does not necessarily make it better".

Yes, with pixel based trees, you can change the other colors.  For example you could have a tree have blue eyes on one song and green eyes on another.  

I have asked this question several times.

I see NO need to "waste" pixels on a singing face.

Use them elsewhere on other pixel props.

Well, I got the one thing I was looking at and nothing is sold out yet...

Well as you may already know - LOR has stated their "CC payment processing thru Paypal" was shut down by Paypal for 30 minutes... Those folks who used their Paypal Accounts had no issues..

Edited by Jimehc

22 hours ago, TexasLights said:

Children, children love to identify characters by color and design.

If yoi have seen any of my videos you would see how the different colors of trees, bulbs for both Halloween and Christmas make things pop.

I can always here children say “look at the pink tree, look at the blue tree” etc.

I have always had 10-16 singers per holiday. I have the same now just mostly RGB. Not stuck with one color.

For those skeptical the RGB and the LED singers look great during a show.

The difference is recording. You have to turn down intensity to get them good for reciting. Mine are all at 30% see the last video. 

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked