Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing Scroll Bars in SE 4.4.16

capardo

All,

I am using the 4.4.16 Sequence Editor.  My computer is a Mac Pro running Parallels (if that matters).

When I open up a sequence, the top/bottom and left/right scroll bars that usually appear at the side and bottom of the Editor are no longer there.

The area where they should be is just solid white.  Resizing the SE window doesn't help.  I'm sure it is something simple that I am missing, but I'll be darn if I can figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chuck

1 hour ago, capardo said:

My computer is a Mac Pro running Parallels (if that matters).

Off hand, I would say with about 99% certainty that yes, that matters.  I have not run S4 in years, so I can't test it, but 4.4.16 has been out for 2 1/2 months, and I'm sure someone would have reported that substantial of an error it were in the software.

And I can't help you at all with a Mac issue.

On 4/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, capardo said:

All,

I am using the 4.4.16 Sequence Editor.  My computer is a Mac Pro running Parallels (if that matters).

When I open up a sequence, the top/bottom and left/right scroll bars that usually appear at the side and bottom of the Editor are no longer there.

The area where they should be is just solid white.  Resizing the SE window doesn't help.  I'm sure it is something simple that I am missing, but I'll be darn if I can figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chuck

You might want to try this:   Edit > Preference > Display Preferences > Advanced OpenGL Settings and then select a different option than the default.    You may have to try different ones until you find one that works for you.  Each time you "change this setting" you will need to close the SE and then reload for any changes to take effect.   I had an issue with the special lighting commands not showing up as they should, they were all solid, like on commands, I had to use "Pixel Format #33" to make them appear correctly, otherwise I couldn't tell a shimmer from a twinkle.   This could be something similar with your scroll bars no longer showing up in the SE.

I don't know if this will solve your issue or not, as I'm not using a MAC, but it may be worth checking out.

Please let us know if you try this and if it worked.

Good luck getting those scroll bars back.