Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you convert RGB

Jimehc

How do you change a RGB prop sequence row to an On/Off incandescent sequence row and vis-a-versa ?

And what is an RGB Aggravate ?

Thank you in advance..

17 hours ago, Jimehc said:

How do you change a RGB prop sequence row to an On/Off incandescent sequence row and vis-a-versa ?

And what is an RGB Aggravate ?

Thank you in advance..

To copy from an RGB sequence to a Non RGB sequence - open up the individual RGB ports and "copy" the "RED" row. Paste that in to your your non RGB sequence. 

To  copy from non RGB to RGB what I do is copy the sequence in to all three colors of the RGB port. Making the sequence white. I can later change the color of the sequence in only a couple of clicks

RGB Aggregates are the various combinations of the RGB color channels used to create the final color.

Something to consider when creating a custom color LOR works on 255 value being 100% on any given color. So if you click on the color pallet and find a color you like look at the individual values and figure out what the percentage of 255 the color is. Example - white would be 255R 255G 255B, the Rose color at the top left of the LOR color [pallet is 255R, 64G and 64B

There are free classes on 10/11 April the Virtual Summit. There may be at least one class to help you learn a little and if not ask me in a PM and after the VS I can help you

JR

Virtual Christmas Summit - Free to Attend! - Newbies - Light-O-Rama Forums

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I think Bob-O has a converter on his site doesn't he?

Not sure, I’ve never used it but it’s pretty easy the above way.

Bob in 4-3-2-

JR

• 4 months later...

@dibblejr

Hey,JR! Can you help me with this? A while earlier in this thread you said

To  copy from non RGB to RGB what I do is copy the sequence in to all three colors of the RGB port. Making the sequence white. I can later change the color of the sequence in only a couple of clicks

I've copied a non RGB row to an RGB row and it is currently all white, which is to be expected. Can you expand on the "only a couple of clicks" to change the color? So far, the only way I've found to do it is to go to each color row and change it manually. That is, If I want it Red, I delete Green and Blue in each color row. THat would get REALLY tedious!  

8 minutes ago, tlogan said:

@dibblejr

Hey,JR! Can you help me with this? A while earlier in this thread you said

I've copied a non RGB row to an RGB row and it is currently all white, which is to be expected. Can you expand on the "only a couple of clicks" to change the color? So far, the only way I've found to do it is to go to each color row and change it manually. That is, If I want it Red, I delete Green and Blue in each color row. THat would get REALLY tedious!  

Expand the RGB channel so you can see the individual red, green and blue channels, if you want the color red then delete the sequencing in the blue and green channels and you will have red. Same if you want blue or green just delete the sequencing in the color channels you don't want. Mixing colors gets more complicated.

Edited by Mr. P

Thanks Mr P -

That's what I've started doing and it gets REALLY tedious across a long sequence and a lot of color changes. I was wondering if there was some magical way to maybe highlight, click and select/insert a new color. I tried adding a motion effect row, but didn't see any easy way there, either.  

@tlogan Not sure if this is the same thing, but I also pasted a similar comment in another thread.  What I do to change the color is basically a lot of little copy/paste actions.  In my case, I program RGB prop mouth movements in a traditional singing prop, and then cut the movements pasting them onto the correct/equivalent on the RGB singing prop.  When you do this, they inherit the color of the original prop row color.  To change the color, since I usually have the RGB prop outline or some other aspect of it already in the desired color, I cut a cell(s) from that and paste it over the movement.  To speed it along, I copy the big sections first, then drop down to the 4s, 3s, 2s and single cells.

Always open to a better less tedious way...

Get that welder yet?  :)

Edited by hasslerk
add text

44 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Thanks, hasslerk! NO, no welder yet, LOL!

Sorry I am late.

Im on cell. Are you S4 or S5?

JR

On 4/1/2021 at 7:02 AM, dibblejr said:

Not sure, I’ve never used it but it’s pretty easy the above way.

Bob in 4-3-2-

JR

missed my que! 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Haha 1

I think I'm confused here about what is trying to be accomplished but here is my 2 cents. If you are wanting to change colors in S5 on a channel or just for Face mouth movements where the data is not through the entire song on a channel. Here is how you do it. Select the entire row you want to change by using the select all then you hit Shift+m this will bring up the motion effects editor. then select color wash and pick your color hit OK. this will only change the color on the portion of the row that has data in it. this works for all RGB channels that can use motion effects. I use it when I load my Papayago to LOR clipboards that load only in white for my Matrix and Smart RGB singing faces. The Shift+m is also know as Modify Existing Effects. I have not tried this on a non-RGB channel so I don't know if it works but it's worth a try. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Box on Rails
  • Like 1

@Box on Rails To quote Parker on the AllState commercial: "You're the man, man!"  The trick I never tried, or even knew about, was the "Shift-m".  That is what makes all the difference.  Landing on the same motion popup responds differently if you come in via the menus.  Thank you!

I'm glade to be able to help. there is another way to get to this tool. Just right mouse click on the selected row and when the menu comes up move the mouse over the " Prompt For New Effect" tool and the next drop menu will have 5 tools. the bottom tool is the "Modify Existing effect" and to the right you see the Shift-M command. I found this by mistake but wow what a find for a Papagayo user like me. Here is a picture of the drop down menus to get to Modify Existing effects. 

Effects.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Box on Rails said:

I'm glade to be able to help. there is another way to get to this tool. Just right mouse click on the selected row and when the menu comes up move the mouse over the " Prompt For New Effect" tool and the next drop menu will have 5 tools. the bottom tool is the "Modify Existing effect" and to the right you see the Shift-M command. I found this by mistake but wow what a find for a Papagayo user like me. Here is a picture of the drop down menus to get to Modify Existing effects. 

Effects.jpg

This is how I do it! Normally I start out with all white!

tlogan this what I was going to show you as soon as I am able.

Thank you Box on Rails !

JR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks JR and Box on Rails for the short cut. At least I consider it short cut if I don't need to use the key board! Hope you're feeling better!

Edited by tlogan
  • Like 1