Light-O-Rama Forums

Selling outdoor Christmas frames and led rope lights

christmascrossing

I am selling several outdoor Christmas frames and LED rope lights. 

On Facebook market place: 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/191505349193625

Located in the Quad Cities, Iowa

Local pickup encouraged,  but will ship, although the shipping cost might be more than the cost of the items. 

$400 for all of the following: 

Santa Claus (5 ft x 2.5 ft) with waving hand motor

Drummer boy (6 ft x 2.5 ft) – 4 items (Value $500)

Snowman (5 ft x 2.5 ft) with moving arm/hat

Jesus is the Reason sign (1 ft x 3 ft)

Candle ( 3 ft x 1 ft)

Rope light (150 ft rolls) – 5 items (Value $500) 150 feet rolls From Crown Premium company With adapters and accessories to connect various rope lights together Clear/white, Blue, Red, Orange / gold, green

All displays with lights need TLC (may require new lights).

Wish I lived in Iowa.  That's a really great deal for someone that may just be starting out in this hobby!  If I still had a chunk of the funds from my Stimulus, I'd have snapped this up and, yep, even paid for the shipping to Orlando, Florida. Would have been well worth it!

Unfortunately I had to replace a lot of tools and buy new items for the house {wife's orders}...and we all know how that goes, right guys?  For those of us that are married.   So she got a good chunk of the package deal this go around.

Unfortunately, that left me with no funding for the other two LOR Singing Trees {Eldon and Felix}, the SuperStar Software and a 2nd N4-G4 Director I was hoping to get.   But got to keep the wifey happy too.

As a Midwest Christmas light enthusiast, I became increasingly jealous of you fair weather Christmas light show folks.  I spent a lot of my time just weather-proofing all my displays (below freezing temps, strong wind, hail, rain, sleet, snow storms...)  And enduring the below zero temps in January taking down my display.  This year, we were solid ice until March.  Everything was stuck.  I watch The Great Christmas Light fight, and see massive displays built in warm weather. 

Anyway, yes, I am selling all these artifacts at way below used prices, because it's such a niche market, but I want them to go to a go home.  And maybe someone can find value in them.

I told my wife, if it doesn't sell, maybe someone will pick it up for scrap metal (the wire frames) at trash time.

27 minutes ago, christmascrossing said:

As a Midwest Christmas light enthusiast, I became increasingly jealous of you fair weather Christmas light show folks. 

There is a reason I live in southern California - and it's not the politics!

On 3/30/2021 at 2:55 PM, christmascrossing said:

As a Midwest Christmas light enthusiast, I became increasingly jealous of you fair weather Christmas light show folks.  I spent a lot of my time just weather-proofing all my displays (below freezing temps, strong wind, hail, rain, sleet, snow storms...)  And enduring the below zero temps in January taking down my display.  This year, we were solid ice until March.  Everything was stuck.  I watch The Great Christmas Light fight, and see massive displays built in warm weather. 

Anyway, yes, I am selling all these artifacts at way below used prices, because it's such a niche market, but I want them to go to a go home.  And maybe someone can find value in them.

I told my wife, if it doesn't sell, maybe someone will pick it up for scrap metal (the wire frames) at trash time.

Well our Governor has pretty much opened Florida to ANYONE from ANYWHERE, plenty of real estate here, but some of the newer homes, the yards really suck because they are extremely small and limited.  Should be a law against building houses so close together you can barely walk between them. 

Give me the old days when houses had massive yards, and you could drive at a minimum 2 full size fire trucks between them side by side!

I remember when developers started building houses this way and the Fire Department was and kept telling them it was a bad idea, having homes so close together like that, if one caught fire the whole neighborhood may go up in flames.  They {FD} fought long and hard to stop this practice, sadly, it seems, the greedy developers {land, nature, forests, wetlands, lakes, streams, rivers and swamps getting destroyed} always win these fights.  Doesn't matter what we vote for or don't want, they always get precedence.   I was born and raised and that title Orlando was given years ago {The City Beautiful} definitely no longer fits it, more like "The City Repulsive" or "The City Ugly" and the majority of us blame the Big Rat that moved in here, Walt Dismal World and The Tragic Kingdom for starting the destruction of our former "laid-back Southern lifestyle".  Before Disney we never had the crime, road-rage incidents and shootings we have now, no matter what anyone says, Disney has been the downfall and the growth that has destroyed the Southern Charm and Friendliness that once was Florida within the area of Orlando that I live.

However, there are still some areas that still have some of the quaint charm and serenity that used to be here, you just have to seek it out.  If I could afford to move and stay within Florida to one of those areas, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

But you're welcome to move on down here to the South, in Florida, if you can stand all the tourist traps that have sprung up almost everywhere.

We love going to Florida.  Great beaches.   My wife and I just talked about retiring down there.   Though I need to work another decade or two before the kids are moved out and I have saved enough not to have to work.  (Which may be never).

On 3/31/2021 at 4:00 PM, Orville said:

However, there are still some areas that still have some of the quaint charm and serenity that used to be here, you just have to seek it out. 

Such as over here in Citrus County. Most Homes in my part of Lecanto (where I live) Have at least 1 acre of land. But they are filling up fast. Housing prices have doubled in the last 2 years around here. 

3 hours ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Such as over here in Citrus County. Most Homes in my part of Lecanto (where I live) Have at least 1 acre of land. But they are filling up fast. Housing prices have doubled in the last 2 years around here. 

I remember when Citrus County's name represented exactly that, in Clermont you could visit the Citrus Tower, go up to the top floor and see millions of Citrus Trees as far as the eye could see in every direction.  Then Florida got hit with a major freeze that wiped out the Citrus crop, along with some form of disease that came a very short time later, causing many Citrus Trees to be destroyed.  After that, the Citrus farmers all gave up, and started selling off their land.   Once the beautiful, spectacular Citrus-scape started disappearing, the Citrus Tower started losing business.  Last I heard it was still there, renamed and now nothing but a bunch of offices, and I think there may still be a small museum in there that highlighted those days.

Now all those Citrus Groves are home sites or apartment complexes.   And I don't know if they've done it yet, but those two lakes that you cross over on E. Hwy50 were also slated to be filled in, and offices, stores and apartments/condo's to be built where the lakes were, just before, or just after you entered Clermont, which was in Citrus County, not sure if that's still true or not today.   Haven't been that way now in well over 25+ years.

I know what you mean about home prices, even for a burned out shell on a property here in Orlando they are asking anywhere from $80,000-$130,000 up for it.  And usually the property isn't much more than 1/4 to maybe a 1/2 acre, just because it has a "structure" on it.  A structure that in all probability, would have to be demolished, and rebuilt from the ground up.  Totally ridiculous pricing for something I wouldn't give more than perhaps $5,000-$10,000 at most.  Seeing I have to get permits, pay for demolition, then pay for the new home I build on it.  Way overpriced IMO.

Ain't progress great?🤔😬

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked