Light-O-Rama Forums

Minor group bug

k6ccc

I use groups in SuperStar - A LOT.  I have noticed that sometimes if I have a group that exists from let's say 0:02.50 to 0:45.75, and then later, add more stuff to that group from let's say 0:50.10 to 1:35.15.  Works fine, but if I exit (resulting in the "export" to S5 sequencer), then double click the "Insert SuperStar Effects" to go back into SuperStar, that group will still show a time from 0:02.50 to 0:45.75.  The sequencing up to 1:35.15 will work fine, but the group does not appear for the additional time.  If I go early enough in time to find the group, and expand the group, all the sequencing is there, and after compressing the group again, the full time of the group will show.  Does not happen all the tine, and I have not found a pattern as to when it works and when it doesn't.

Not a major issue since the data really is there, but have had a few instances of "Crap, where did my last hour of sequencing go?"

Currently on 5.6.0, but I have seen this in at least one previous version.

Thanks for isolating this bug. I have duplicated the bug and have fixed it on my computer. The fix will be in the next release.

Until then, the work around is to compress a group before saving the file.

2 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Until then, the work around is to compress a group before saving the file.

Thanks.  That explains why I only sometimes see it.  Most of the time, I do compress the group before exiting, but sometimes I don't.