Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro sequences

pjpilker

Hi I found some christmas sequences at the Holiday Coro site.  They say lor S2 and s3.  They didn't say anything about s5.  I followed suggestions and learning on s5.  I was wondering if I purchased one of those sequences would work in the s5 version?  Thanks

Here's a link to one of them I was looking at.   https://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/seq-sctwhitechristmas1.htm

50 minutes ago, pjpilker said:

Hi I found some christmas sequences at the Holiday Coro site.  They say lor S2 and s3.  They didn't say anything about s5.  I followed suggestions and learning on s5.  I was wondering if I purchased one of those sequences would work in the s5 version?  Thanks

Here's a link to one of them I was looking at.   https://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/seq-sctwhitechristmas1.htm

1- That is a singing face sequence

2- It should "should" work.

I would not allow S5 to save it as an LORedit though. Just open it in S5 and click through until it loads. Copy paste to your face sequence and exit without saving.

HC face sequences are not the best. though.

JR

16 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I would not allow S5 to save it as an LORedit though. Just open it in S5 and click through until it loads. Copy paste to your face sequence and exit without saving.

Why not?  S5 will leave the original S4 sequence un-altered when it creates the S5 .loredit file.  Although in reality, the only advantage of having the face only sequence in S5 format is that if you ever need to go back to the original faces only sequence, you can open the S5 version and not have to go through all the import steps again.

Although generally you will need to copy the singing faces sequencing anyway and paste into your main sequence in order to add the faces to the rest of your sequence.

16 hours ago, dibblejr said:

HC face sequences are not the best. though.

You're biased - but seeing lots of your work, you have every right to be 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Why not?  S5 will leave the original S4 sequence un-altered when it creates the S5 .loredit file.  Although in reality, the only advantage of having the face only sequence in S5 format is that if you ever need to go back to the original faces only sequence, you can open the S5 version and not have to go through all the import steps again.

Although generally you will need to copy the singing faces sequencing anyway and paste into your main sequence in order to add the faces to the rest of your sequence.

You're biased - but seeing lots of your work, you have every right to be 😄

You hit both nails on the head.

I have found that sometimes saving my faces sequences in S5 later things may not be the way they originally were.

Not saving or converting as the edit allows me to fix it without redoing the sequence.

Once was enough for me.

The others use software, mine are manual, huge dif. 

thanks for the compliment.

JR

My thought was to use the face sequence and audio and save some work as I am new at this.  Not sure how to do all the things yet.  I sing so think I can do it manually and not sure how to paste the sequence in.  I will just keep experimenting. Got lots of time.  Just wanted to know if it would work and it seems like it will according to your answers.

• Like 1

May just be a function of the computer I utilize for editing, but I have found that copying lines from one sequence and then inserting into another, be sure to wait for the spinning wheel to stop spinning before pasting into another (or other) rows, especially if pasting into pixel-based prop rows.  I have had partial/incomplete rows pasted if I hurry it along too much.  I also have this problem when solely working in one sequence (think copying one singing face to another singing face).