Light-O-Rama Forums

visualizer

pjpilker

I just recently purchased the Showtime Central starter package.  I downloaded the demo last November so got my license this past week when purchased.   I was sequencing a song learning how to do it and was using the visualizer.  Everything was going well.  But now the when I bring the visualizer up there are no tools.  The draw thing is gone etc. Can I bring that back or what happened?  Totally new.  Had a few more channels I wanted to add things in.  When I uploaded the picture it did say it was to big but I could use it anyway so I did.  Could that have something to do with it?

Your profile says 5.5.18, but there is no Visualizer in S5.

What version of the software are you using? Are you using S5 and the Preview Window?

6 hours ago, pjpilker said:

I just recently purchased the Showtime Central starter package.  I downloaded the demo last November so got my license this past week when purchased.   I was sequencing a song learning how to do it and was using the visualizer.  Everything was going well.  But now the when I bring the visualizer up there are no tools.  The draw thing is gone etc. Can I bring that back or what happened?  Totally new.  Had a few more channels I wanted to add things in.  When I uploaded the picture it did say it was to big but I could use it anyway so I did.  Could that have something to do with it?

I have found that sometimes while using the visualizer in S4 and you do not save it first everything is gone.

I always recommend to everyone “if you open the visualizer and any of your prop files , always save even if you make no changes”

Look at your vis file size and it’s probably going to show less than 10 kB.

JR

May be a video driver issue. I assume since you say Visualizer you are talking about S4 though your profile says S5. . Its been a long time since I looked at S4 but I don't recall any way to hide the tools in the Visualizer. It could be the image size is messing things up. Remove it or resize it in a photo app then reapply it to the Vis.

Check for video driver updates. Check you have the latest version of S4 here.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

My other thought is that if you are just getting started, you might want to consider advancing to S5, the latest version of which is 5.5.18. It is quite different to S4 and you will have to re learn it when you eventually do upgrade.

I checked my license and this is what it says.  I open the commands and it say sequencer editor, pixel editor, super star sequence, and visualizer,  among several other things.  When I have the sequencer open it looks like a movie tape and says animation when mouse is over it.

Your license covers the latest version, 5.5.*. There is no reason to renew your license at this time.

LOR Feature Level: Basic Plus
SuperStar Feature Level: Demo
Max Version: 5.11.* (and any future versions released by February 22, 2022)

Look in the title bar in  one of the open programs. It will tell you the version you have.

There are two major versions in play.

The old S4, version 4.x.x and the new version S5,  5.x.x.

You can use either version that your license supports, but they are quite different in the way they do things and work.

It says 4.4.14   sorry everything was going well till I lost the drawing thing in the animation.  I did resize the picture but don't know how to get it in there.  So will my license cover S5 and should I download it and start over? I thought I had things figured out and now I am lost. LOL

Edited by pjpilker

9 minutes ago, pjpilker said:

It says 4.4.14   sorry everything was going well till I lost the drawing thing in the animation.  I did resize the picture but don't know how to get it in there.  So will my license cover S5 and should I download it and start over? I thought I had things figured out and now I am lost. LOL

My opinion since you are brand new is to move to S5 now rather than learn S4 and later have to partially un-learn S4 and learn S5.

30 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

My opinion since you are brand new is to move to S5 now rather than learn S4 and later have to partially un-learn S4 and learn S5.

40 minutes ago, pjpilker said:

40 minutes ago, pjpilker said:

To get the picture in the VIS

when you open the vis

It will ask you if you want to use an image.

Click through that.

Ine thing to add- in most cases it will give you an opportunity to resize the image.

If you have a file to add a pic

Open the file

Edit

Background

Hope this helps

Sorry guys, don’t know how the multiple quotes happened. I’m a new user.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just now, dibblejr said:

To get the picture in the VIS

when you open the vis

It will ask you if you want to use an image.

Click through that.

Ine thing to add- in most cases it will give you an opportunity to resize the image.

Hope this helps

JR

35 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Sorry guys, don’t know how the multiple quotes happened. I’m a new user.

🤣

I downloaded the S5 and got the sequence in.  Said something about 2 mismatched  channels and archiving or some such thing.  It shows in the animation screen that it works.  I'll see what I can do.  But I'm sure I will have many more questions.   I have watched several videos and I will watch S5 vids if I can find them.  Thanks for now guys.

17 minutes ago, pjpilker said:

I downloaded the S5 and got the sequence in.  Said something about 2 mismatched  channels and archiving or some such thing.  It shows in the animation screen that it works.  I'll see what I can do.  But I'm sure I will have many more questions.   I have watched several videos and I will watch S5 vids if I can find them.  Thanks for now guys.

There is a

Light O Rama Users Summit. in April.

You may want to Register for it when it opens.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

"Light O Rama Users Summit. in April.

You may want to Register for it when it opens."

Where do I find this?

I am  just getting more confused.  I am suppose to have 16 channels and it's down to 14.   No archived ones  Wan to add them back and can't figure it out.  Added a beat channel then read that they don't control anything.  Drew some props and can't get them to come up in the sequencer.  Thought I would just start fresh and still only came up with 14 channels.  I am so lost right now. I've watch several videos by luminous harmony.  Can't find how to add the channels back. How do you start with a blank slate?  When I opened the preview window it shows what I already had.  Which is ok at the moment.  But I will want to change props etc.  I know I'm whining.  LOL Just getting frustated.

Open your preview - click on "String Summary" Tab - verify you are using all 16 channels..

You may be missing props or proper channel assignments

3 hours ago, pjpilker said:

"Light O Rama Users Summit. in April.

You may want to Register for it when it opens."

Where do I find this?

I am  just getting more confused.  I am suppose to have 16 channels and it's down to 14.   No archived ones  Wan to add them back and can't figure it out.  Added a beat channel then read that they don't control anything.  Drew some props and can't get them to come up in the sequencer.  Thought I would just start fresh and still only came up with 14 channels.  I am so lost right now. I've watch several videos by luminous harmony.  Can't find how to add the channels back. How do you start with a blank slate?  When I opened the preview window it shows what I already had.  Which is ok at the moment.  But I will want to change props etc.  I know I'm whining.  LOL Just getting frustated.

Just open the sequencer without any music.

In far right top corner “previews” add new with the +
There is a FB group LOR Users, join that and you will find the summit info.

Add controllers and not individual channels, much easier.

There may be a thread here but not sure.

JR

Edited by dibblejr