Light-O-Rama Forums

Mobile website.

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

When are all the features going to be available on the mobile website again? This has been going on for several months now. Can’t read any personal messages on here unless search for them under my Email. 

just wondering 

It has been this way since a major forum update some time ago, maybe a year or more. On Chrome for Android the three bar menu button just brings up a blank window so there's no access to the menu items.

Yup. I have 6 notifications up top that I’ve already accessed through my laptop. But the icons are still there on my phone. Can’t do anything about it. Exactly what Phil said. 

A workaround in Chrome is to click on the Chrome menu button, top right and choose Desktop Site where everything works.

I have IOS. I just use safari. If you are saying I can download chrome and it works then I will try that. 

That did not work for me Requesting desktop site did not change anything on google chrome app.....

I am unable to find the “request desktop site” on IOS now. It has been a while since I’ve had that option. Idk if apple did away with it or what. I used to use it all the time...

Yes but only when you select Desktop Site. Then it looks and works just like the page on a PC. It's just the mobile version that's broken.

So it is messed up on Apple too?

Just now, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

That did not work for me Requesting desktop site did not change anything on google chrome app.....

I am unable to find the “request desktop site” on IOS now. It has been a while since I’ve had that option. Idk if apple did away with it or what. I used to use it all the time...

Perhaps it's an Apple restriction.

This feature broke on the last major site upgrade / update

We’ve tossed it around often in the beginning and it sort of fizzled out during the holidays.

The selecting desktop site in the google chrome doesn’t fix it either.

Weigh2Fast - to find the desktop site in Chrome open Chrome and select the ... scroll down to the second set of options and you’ll find it.

It’s always just a black/ grey screen while trying to check messages Ince the update.

JR

I believe Phil Massey brought it up here as “menu buttons”

Edited by dibblejr

What I see when I attempt to hit the menu button on my phone

If I scroll to the bottom It reads

” you have found the admins personal template....”

JR

On 2/22/2021 at 8:02 AM, dibblejr said:

This feature broke on the last major site upgrade / update

We’ve tossed it around often in the beginning and it sort of fizzled out during the holidays.

The selecting desktop site in the google chrome doesn’t fix it either.

Weigh2Fast - to find the desktop site in Chrome open Chrome and select the ... scroll down to the second set of options and you’ll find it.

It’s always just a black/ grey screen while trying to check messages Ince the update.

JR

I believe Phil Massey brought it up here as “menu buttons”

That was me!  I will let it slide this time Jr.  I concur with forum problems when using phone.  I can't get to pms at all. I see the notifications. I think they are opening off the screen out of view. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

That was me!  I will let it slide this time Jr.  I concur with forum problems when using phone.  I can't get to pms at all. I see the notifications. I think they are opening off the screen out of view. 

Sorry Bob. 

I sure hope it can get resolved since I’m spending more time on the phone even being at home more. 

I can always read the first “new mesage” as long as I open it from the alert.

If I fail to open it, sometimes there are several alerts, I can’t go back to it and have to wait until I’m on a computer.

JR

If you turn on email alerts, you can get in to your pm  inbox.

Keep an old email in your email inbox and you can always get there.

While we on the subject. Are the Forums frequently slow to open on anyone else's mobile device. It's fine on my PC, which is on the same network when I'm home (which is mostly, these days)

49 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

If you turn on email alerts, you can get in to your pm  inbox.

Keep an old email in your email inbox and you can always get there.

While we on the subject. Are the Forums frequently slow to open on anyone else's mobile device. It's fine on my PC, which is on the same network when I'm home (which is mostly, these days)

That’s how I access it but would be nice to go back to just opening up on Google or history and view everything.

Other than that the site loads fast on my mobile devices.

JR

• The topic was locked