Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D controller capabilities

GRG

I just saw a post on the Facebook group "light O Rama users" that featured a post of Dan Baldwin's 2005 Christmas display featuring his Chime O Matic.  It was so fantastic, and guess what?  I now want to make one.  This brings me to the question is can I use all 24 of the outputs on the CMD24D separately?  What I am kind of envisioning at this point is having small solenoids moving mallets which will in turn strike my chime tubes.  What I would like to do is connect 1 solenoid between channel 1 positive and the "red", followed by a second solenoid between Channel 1 positive and "blue" and so on, being mind full of the current limitation of the chips/board.

Does this sound feasible or does anyone have other/better ideas?

Thanks.

Absolutely. I run a number of monochrome, 12V bulbs  (10 bulb 120V mini-strings use 12V bulbs, simply rewire in parallel instead of series)

You can also run each bank at different Voltage. Do try and run Bank 1 at 12V (or higher) if your other bank needs to be 5V.

You can run a bank at 24V DC (a common control voltage)

28 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Absolutely. I run a number of monochrome, 12V bulbs  (10 bulb 120V mini-strings use 12V bulbs, simply rewire in parallel instead of series)

You can also run each bank at different Voltage. Do try and run Bank 1 at 12V (or higher) if your other bank needs to be 5V.

You can run a bank at 24V DC (a common control voltage)

Thanks.