Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating & Exporting in S4

edge

Having 40+ sequences with 560 channels, can I create a separate standalone track with say 96 channels no music just channel assignments to import into current existing sequences. Then sequence them individually to each sequence? How do I do this? I thank you in advance for your assistance.

You have a couple of options. When you open an LMS file into S6 it will give you a dialog with a number of options. for the import including whether to bring in tracks or not.

If you have a visualizer for S4 drawn, you can try using that during the import. It may or may not work but you lose nothing by trying as the original sequences are unchanged.

The most likely to succeed method is to create a new Preview with all your props to match what you have in your S4 sequences and use that during the import.

Luminous Harmony have some good getting started videos.

Since he was specifically asking about S4 - not S5, the answer is different.

If I understand what you are trying to do, it is fairly easy.  As I understand it, you want to be able to take your 560 channel configuration, and export a subset of that to be used as separate sequences.  For example, you want to take your Christmas configuration, and export a portion of those channels to be used for some minor holiday (Valentines Day for example).  Bear in mind that I have not used S4 is several years, but you can export your 560 channel configuration, and import that into a new sequence.  Import that configuration in Sequence Editor into a new sequence.  Then edit out all the un-needed channels.  Then export that channel configuration as your subset configuration.  Now you have a subset of your 560 channels saved as the minor holiday configuration.  Sorry, because I have not used S4 in years, I can't tell you exactly where on the menu export and import configurations is.

Note that what you can't do (directly) is to import a completed sequence that has only the subset number of channels into your main sequence.  So for example, let's say that you want to take your 560 channel Christmas configuration, and create a sequence for just the arches and sequence that, then create a sequence for the trees and sequence that, and then import those into your main 560 channel sequence.  They way around that if you really want to do that is called Sub-Sequences.  I have never used those so I can't tell you much about those.  The LOR help should help if that is what you were trying to do.

One of the other things you can (if this is what you are really trying to accomplish) is to create tracks in your S4 sequence that each have only some of the channels.  Again, refer to the LOR help for details on tracks.  Tracks are really handy.  At one point when I Was still on S4, I had 19 tracks on my Christmas sequences.  Most of them were just different channel arrangements.  I could do chases in many different directions on my Pixel Star depending on which track I used.

• The topic was locked