Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop Question...360 Degree Up and Over Tree

machtoo

In the prop creation window, it says to enter exact number of nodes per leg.  I have assumed that a 100 pixel string is 50 per leg with the up and over....50 pixel sections on each side connected at the top for each of the 16 ports on the Pixie16.  Can someone confirm?  I have just completed adding a 16x100 up and over tree to 36 sequences for next year and want to make sure the prop configuration is correct.  Thanks in advance.

That sounds correct. You should be able to see the lines and possibly count the nodes in the prop def.

I can in my zig zag wi h is basically the same idea.

You could break out a string and set it up and see it in action.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks for the replies...

for KYHI, the prop is pre-defined in the designer.  I just want to make sure it is 50 pixels on one side and 50 on the other in each 100 pixel string.  It does look that way in the previewer.

for dibblejr, I will try stretching the prop in the designer and counting.  The prop's parameters use different language...nodes per leg.  One assumes a leg is one side but could not find any definition in the doco/help.

My bad, you stated "I have just completed adding a 16x100 up and over tree"

which would actually result in (32 strips of 100 Pixels)

A 16x50 Up&Over tree would result in (32 strips of 50 Pixels)

Edited by KYHI

4 hours ago, machtoo said:

Thanks for the replies...

for KYHI, the prop is pre-defined in the designer.  I just want to make sure it is 50 pixels on one side and 50 on the other in each 100 pixel string.  It does look that way in the previewer.

for dibblejr, I will try stretching the prop in the designer and counting.  The prop's parameters use different language...nodes per leg.  One assumes a leg is one side but could not find any definition in the doco/help.

A leg is probably one string and or one controller port.

Just like my matrix - however they are horizontal it is still set up as 100 nodes with 23 folds - if sharing a single port or as a 16ccr pixie controlled tree should look like - use a seperate port per string and 100 nodes with 1 fold-

Id have to access my S5 computer to see the correct wording but something similar

Did you get the LOR prop? If not I would recommend using theirs and change the unit IDs to suit you.

JR

For dibblejr,
I will be buying the 16x100 LOR package with the Pixie16 controller....

For KYHI, yes, you have 16 100 pixel strips (32 50 pixel strings) with strips connected at the top of  the tree.  Basically 100 pixel string folded over.  The software handles the pixels on the reverse for the folded sections to get the right orientation.  All appears correct on the preview.

2 hours ago, machtoo said:

For dibblejr,
I will be buying the 16x100 LOR package with the Pixie16 controller....

For KYHI, yes, you have 16 100 pixel strips (32 50 pixel strings) with strips connected at the top of  the tree.  Basically 100 pixel string folded over.  The software handles the pixels on the reverse for the folded sections to get the right orientation.  All appears correct on the preview.

You should be good to go as long as you downloaded the tree from the LOR download page in the preview design.

If you need help configuring the Pixie16 once you get it you can either watch my configuration video at the top of the General Hardware page 2/4/8/16 all the same and S5 identical in the HU.

You will Need to change the unit ID since it sounds like you already have a controller. They cone factory set at starting unit ID 1

Or you can shoot me a PM and I can talk you through it via phone.

Hopefully you ordered a red HS adapter with the kit. You will need it.

JR