Light-O-Rama Forums

Exporting/Importing channel configs with different number of channels

WayneKremer

So...it has been a LONG time since I used LOR.  I used version 3.x.x.  Back then if you exported channels and then imported them into another sequence, you had better keep the channel structure the same size.  You couldn't even think of deleting an old channel that you no longer used.  It had to exist just to match on the import.

It appears with S5 that is no longer the case?  I exported channels from a cleaned up sequence (i.e. got rid of channels I didn't need or use...including beat channels).  I then imported into a totally different sequence and it kept the sequencing in place for everything it should have even though the sequence still had the channels I got rid of.  

I'm just trying to verify that is the case.  thx!

You have it correct.  As far as your channel assignments, EVERYTHING is done in the Preview.  Note that if you change the preview that you are using (even something as simple as move a light on the display), next time you play any sequence with that preview it will make you wait a while for it to "Calculating Intensities".  Be patient, it will take a while.  Don't get worried if the bar graph appears to not be moving.  By the time the bar graph starts moving, it's almost done.  Never timed mine, but it's at least five minutes (but I'm sequencing just over 66K channels).

That's great!  I can finally clean up all my channels and sequences without worry that the sequencing will get thrown to another group of channels.  Also, good to know about the "calculating intensities" wait.  It is probably rendering where new lights are, etc.  Thx!

Wayne