Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone use Davinci Resolve 17 for video editing?

Al Saunders

A friend of mine (not an over the top decorator) posted a video he shot of short videos he took with his new drone a few months ago and added audio with the video. He mentioned he worked with Davinci Resolve 17 and that it had a "Learning curve" but was happy with it's results. His video was very cool. I downloaded the free version and have been watching YouTube instructional videos but it seems like it's hard to do multi camera shot videos synched to the song both videos are of. Anyone else use this software? It seems really nice but MAN does it have a bunch of tools! I would love any input on this software.

Have a great day/evening and stay safe.

Thanks,

Al 

I am of no help with that software; I use iMovie on my mac.  This year I used a Canon EOS 80D to take multiple different video views of the various songs in my show.  While recording the video, I had a small FM receiver plugged into the audio input of the camera, and a headset on the camera output so that I could hear it.  Once I got all the video that I wanted, I then came back inside and selected which shot I wanted where, using the recorded audio track waveform as my key to properly align the cuts.  Once I had everything the way I wanted, I overlaid the actual MP3 audio on top, aligned it with the beginning of the recorded audio, and then suppressed the recorded audio to get a clean audio-to-video final version.  After a couple times doing this, it really becomes a simple and repetitive process.  You can see my results at www.woodleahillslights.com.

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the reply. After watching several videos one from the company that was about 45 minutes long I got what I was looking for. Not perfect or great but better than my previous videos. I like this software and will keep playing with it and am looking forward to videos next year. Here's a link to it on Vimeo. Again, nothing great but I'm pretty happy with it. Hope everyone had a great turnout and are well. Stay safe.

Al 

• The topic was locked